Lizard ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366905405.590902.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of lizard this is? My porch seems to have an infestation of them. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Where are you? You can go into you UserCP and add a location that will show up under your name. It can be as general as you like, but it well help people give more specific advice, or help ID native wildlife in your area.

I've seen that species but I can't remember where I was, or what its called. I travel the entire world for my job and sometimes things just run together in my head...

7oasty23

5 Year Member
I'm in Tennessee, just curious, I accidentally stepped on one the other day, they're everywhere.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Its a type of salamander.

Really? He clearly has scales, my iphone doesn't take the best photos, he looks reptilian to me.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
Good call, I just moved here and have hundreds of them in my yard, I didn't think it was a salamander.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
I have skinks here in SC too. Every once in a while I'll see ones with bright blue tales.

colatoise said:
I have skinks here in SC too. Every once in a while I'll see ones with bright blue tales.

Tails. Spellchecker

bmt123

5 Year Member
Defiantly a five lined they are really stunning as juveniles with that blue tail.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Skink was my first thought, as well.

"Salamander" just made me giggle. Yep, that there's a sally-mander, alright. ;) (Sorry, Mike, can't help it!)
Actually, I once mistook an Alligator lizard for a salamander when I was 15. I had no idea Washington even had native lizards, and it was in the bathroom... So of course my mother declared it to be a salamander that must have crawled up through the toilet, and I believed her. :D

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I'm amazed on how many people often mistake skinks for salamanders. Ironically, most of these people have never actually seen a salamander in their life, but I find unless you're into reptiles, "skink" is not a common word in one's vocabulary, and most folks have at least "heard" of a salamander.

Status
Not open for further replies.