Little Surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Aww congrats, I think my boyfriend would FREAK out haha.. But I would be so happy :-D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ScooterLove said:
Congrats! I'm so jealous! :tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

Hi ScooterLove:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Congratulations! With that many Russians you will have nests for sure. There are usually 4 or 5 eggs to a clutch, but sometimes the girls can lay more than one clutch. So watch out in a couple of weeks as well, there may be more hatching!

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
How exciting. So adorable. I love the picture.

I have a very large enclosure for my Russian herd. I am always hoping that I will find a baby in the enclosure. My oldest female laid eggs a week after she was given to me (2 years ago). However, I knew they were not fertile because at that time she had never been with a male tortoise. She has spent two summers now with an adult male and I have seen them mate. So if she laid eggs they did not hatch. Another one of my adult females laid eggs around two months ago (which I incubated), but they did not hatch. If I had not seen her covering up the eggs I probably would not have known she had laid eggs as they are so clever at hiding any signs of having dug a nest.

The enclosure is very large and has lots of sunshine, shade and in between. I don't know if perhaps I water it too much or if my male tortoise is just not doing his job properly.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.