Little one is here!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOOHOO, congrats. Give it a nice warm soak for 20-30 minutes. Then put it in its enclosure with food and water and leave alone until tomorrow. In the mean time, read Toms threads below for proper care, the sulcata threads apply to leopards and then Tomorrow tweak the enclousre from what you have learned and enjoy your new shelled family member.

RB2

South Carolina
Thanks. I have read Toms posts many times and used them as a guide in my setup, and have had the enclosure setup for about 2 months trouble shooting it. I gave the little one a good soaking and then set it in its new home. It sat there for a few hours not moving(I am assuming warming up and still in shock from the shipping) but when I just looked in on it, was exploring all over which made me feel better.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Congrats!! He is so cute!
Glad you're a member of the forum!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome and congrats! Looks like you have a beautiful enclosure. Would love to see more pictures.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Awesome looking baby. Can I ask what source you chose to get it?

RB2

South Carolina
I got it from ATC. And ill have to take some pictures of the inside but this is the outside.

Attachments

• 1421808586624.jpg
    1421808586624.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 67

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Beautiful....Both the torts and the enclosure! ! !

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Awesome! some day I'll have one of those. I do recommend dicing up some of his greens and maybe use clothes pins to attach a few romaine or collard greens to a clay pot so that he can chomp and pull OFF a bite. I tried just leaving large greens laying and they would have nibbles on them but mine really started to be able to get a good grip on it to tear in to them when they were stationary. I'd just have stems hanging next day

ShannonC

South Carolina
Congratulations!!!! I got my last baby from ATC also and it is awesome!! It's my most active out of three, and GORGEOUS!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It is a beautiful baby! I can't believe my Lola was that small once.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I like your closed chamber idea. It's functional and pleasing to the eye. I used a shadowbox type coffee table with a repurposed window to put my baby MEPS but I like your idea better for functionality because my window is constantly fogged with humidity. :( Kind of defeats the purpose of the window. If I had it to do again(and probably will) I would redo my coffee table top so that it has a barn roof shaped window. Slanted glass doesn't hold the water like mine does.

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 22
  • table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 22