Little miracles....

aztortoisegal

After previously existing on lettuce and an occasional tomato here and there for the first (estimated) year of his little Sulcata life (previous owners I rescued him from), I'm happy to report the following:

He happily munched on cactus pad today! Score one for the little guy, and one for me for being persistent! . :tort:;):D:p
It's the little things.....
;)

aztortoisegal

I've mentioned a couple times that I'm so stinkin' excited for the weeds to start growing all around this year, he's gonna have so much good food. I'll probably start some pots of dandelions and other stuff just for him. I'm an avid gardener when the weather is right for it, so keeping care of weeds is going to be hilarious.:D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I'm glad he's getting proper care now!! :D Score for the cactus, I hope he like his weeds.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
congrats, its not easy when their fussy . when i first got sparky he would only eat stuff that was in the baby leaf packs from the super market as that's all he had been given. i tried every weed and flower i could find and nothing. until i tried cactus pads and he loved it. so i squashed it threw a garlic press and it came out like cactus jelly. i spread it on the new stuff and he ate it. i just put less and less on every day now he eats fine and gets cactus as a treat. :)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I've mentioned a couple times that I'm so stinkin' excited for the weeds to start growing all around this year, he's gonna have so much good food. I'll probably start some pots of dandelions and other stuff just for him. I'm an avid gardener when the weather is right for it, so keeping care of weeds is going to be hilarious.:D
My husband finds growing dandelions and other weeds "hilarious" as well.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I agree with the irony of " growing weeds " - we spend all Summer long weeding flower beds, pulling weeds out of rose beds, from between the sidewalk, etc. What did i ORDER the other day, yep, Mixed Weed Seeds for Tortoises! C r a zy?