Limping Sulcata

Rumbles

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I think my baby got stuck and damaged some soft tissue trying to free herself. She started limping on Friday, and continued on Saturday. Come Sunday she refused to move at all even for food. We took her to the vet. They think it's some damage to the soft tissue as well gave us some anti-inflammatory/pain med to inject in some treats and watch for a week for signs of recovery. Has this happened to anyone else on here and what do y'all suggest I do to keep her from aggravating the injury?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I have had two episodes of compromised walking.

One, I had placed some box turtles in a tub for soaking, the water was about six inches deep. They float and swim around and drink and poop. I got caught up in a phone call and they soaked for about two hours. When I took them out I placed them back in their enclosure, all good? The next morning I noticed one male had not moved since being returned to the enclosure. At the time my workplace boss was a reptile vet and I discussed the matter with him. We figured that male had just swam too much and fatigued his rear legs. A few days later he was walking again, and all was good.

Two, a male Manouria emys phayrei was walking funning . . . https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/case-file-on-darth.116347/

It sounds like you have this under control. I wait for your further report.