Update on Sid with pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Today was Sid's last Post Operative check up, Yipee!! The Vet said that the surgery site (from the removal of his abcess) is healing very well. He is able to stop the anti inflammatory medication but will continue to take Baytril until the end of the month. He has a tiny bit of swollen tissue but the vet checked it out and even took a tiny sample and it just seems to be granulated scar tissue. He had some sutures holding his wound open for cleaning and debriding and those were removed today as well. If anyone has any questions I have taken notes and have itemized bill's detailing all that was done. Here are some pictures of the happy boy from today….

He was soaking in his water but I was too slow to catch him

28lxjmf.jpg

Here he is coming to see if I have food, you can see his swelling lower left

23slds.jpg

And here is his girlfriend, she doesn't talk much

2ywz3u8.jpg

Thank you to everyone who shared their wisdom and kindness regarding Sid's ailment and recovery.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Hey Erin
Sid is cute. He looks about the same size as Franklin T.. How old is he? Also, his enclosure looks pretty. And how is that girl friend working out for him? Sorry for all the guestions but I am nosey!!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
love his yard too.. show how simple it can be done, but how strong it needs to be as well.. secure.. Nice.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
His girlfriend must be sad, she seems a bit blue. :p Glad he is doing so well. So what is the bad news, how much has it cost so far to fix him up?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
FranklinTturtle said:
Hey Erin
Sid is cute. He looks about the same size as Franklin T.. How old is he? Also, his enclosure looks pretty. And how is that girl friend working out for him? Sorry for all the guestions but I am nosey!!!

Sid is 6 and weigh's 32.5 pounds. His girlfriend is great. She is alway's there waiting for attention:).

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
CtTortoiseMom said:
FranklinTturtle said:
Hey Erin

Sid is 6 and weigh's 32.5 pounds. His girlfriend is great. She is alway's there waiting for attention:).
Does he really give her attention in the girl friend way? forgive me!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
His girlfriend must be sad, she seems a bit blue. :p Glad he is doing so well. So what is the bad news, how much has it cost so far to fix him up?

The final cost was 1,200. The Baytril was expensive!! I had to get two bottles and they were $60 a piece! I had to fill the prescription for the anti-inflammatory at my pharmacy so now there is a computer record for "Sid Tortoise". Earlier this week I had to pick up a prescription for one of the kids and the pharmacist asked how my tortoise was doing :)

FranklinTturtle said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
FranklinTturtle said:
Hey Erin

Does he really give her attention in the girl friend way? forgive me!
Oh, I get it, sorry I misunderstood. Yes, he even does his flashing dance in front of "her".

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wow...they charge ALOT more there where you all live.....I think when all was said and done with my CDT (albeit he is a bit smaller LOL) and his abscess and meds it was just a touch under 400.

Sid looks much happier and that little bump will be gone before you realize it as it continues to heal.... :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Yea! Sid looks like he's doing great!!! Good lookin' guy you have there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.