Lil baby Michelangelo and sunlight!!

Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, California
OK so yes, I am back for more advice! But I wanted to say thanks so much! My redfoot and I are bonding very well, and we are getting along great! He never hisses at me or bites me and he LOVES me to pet his head. He actually leans his head into my finger when I scratch him lightly during his soakings! I wanted to say thanks to everyone on the multiple posts who have given me EXCELLENT advise! I really, really appreciate it! So...my question is this lil Michelangelo really stays burrowed all day everyday until it's dinner time. Once in a blue moon I will notice him out strolling around, but since he is a hatchling he hides from his predators ...(lil mushrooms that occasionally grow in his tank lol)

Anyways, my question is this...he really likes to burrow on the left side of his tank. His UVA/UVB/Heat lamp is directly on the opposite side. Rarely, he will burrow on the light end. Should I move him to where the light reaches him? (not necessarily directly under the heat lamp but maybe off to the side? ) How many hours/day does he need UVA/UVB? I tried putting him outside in a kiddie pool but he just hides in his hidebox within five minutes. I just want to make sure he is getting enough sunlight and he's not going to get sick. Especially because he is a tropical lil man and I'm pretty sure the sun is out longer closer to the equator. Let me know :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it's warm enough to bring him outside, I would still do that too. Even if he hides. He will get used to the routine and eventually he will not hide. Also, if you have a lot of plants in the enclosures, it will make him feel more comfortable. Inside and outside enclosures.