Lighting guidelines by zoomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Zoomed claims if you follow these guidelines with your lighting set-up there should not be any problems with them including compact fluorescents.I've been using compact fluorescents from both brands exo terra and zoomed since they came out and have never had any issues.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1370383775196.jpg
    1370383775196.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 27

theelectraco

5 Year Member
There have been way too many instances of tortoises and other reptiles having eye problems from these bulbs for me to want to risk it. Better safe than sorry. Plus, nothing beats natural sunshine.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
Most likely the people having issues with these lights are the same people who don't research there animals and don't setup the right environment to begin with.It's the same thing with shell rot,overgrown beaks,pyramiding,nails ect..With proper care and setup all these issues including lighting with compacts can be avoided.Most likely the people having issues with these compacts are using them incorrectly would be my guess.I think if do your research give the proper care and environment follow directions when using artificial lighting there shouldn't be any issues in my opinion.The sun is best source but not everyone has that option.I don't have that option mine have been indoors for years and no issues from any artificial lighting.Zoomed has been in business since 1978 I believe what they tell me and have the proof in my animals.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
james1974 said:
Most likely the people having issues with these lights are the same people who don't research there animals and don't setup the right environment to begin with.It's the same thing with shell rot,overgrown beaks,pyramiding,nails ect..With proper care and setup all these issues including lighting with compacts can be avoided.Most likely the people having issues with these compacts are using them incorrectly would be my guess.I think if do your research give the proper care and environment follow directions when using artificial lighting there shouldn't be any issues in my opinion.The sun is best source but not everyone has that option.I don't have that option mine have been indoors for years and no issues from any artificial lighting.Zoomed has been in business since 1978 I believe what they tell me and have the proof in my animals.

I think you are exactly right. Your experience is not uncommon. There are many that use these lamps without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.