Light spot under leopard torts chin?

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
This sounds strange, but I just noticed this today. My leopard tortoise, Moby, has a lighter spot under his chin than he did just yesterday. And it's a significant difference. Any ideas on why? Should I be worried? I just took him to the vet on Monday, and it's happened since then. I will include pics.

First pic is normal chin, second pic is just yesterday, last two pics are today.

1471573619191.jpg 1471573631027.jpg 1471573641397.jpg 1471573648280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisconsin
I just put cuttlebone in his enclosure for the first time yesterday, and he still hasn't touched it. I put calcium on his food 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and reptical vitamin supplement on the off days (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) and I don't do anything on Sunday. I just started giving him Mazuri yesterday, as well.

It does not wash off when wet, I'm starting to think that's after a shed and it's what his little chin looks like now. It looks like normal skin now, honestly.

itiswhatitis

Yvonne is correct looks like where he just rubbed it on something. Maybe rock or rub. Like a child when they fall down. If doesn't go raw I wouldn't worry. You could even go ahead and put a little Neosporin now if you wanted. Very little, just dab it on.

Wisconsin
Thank you all for responding. I love my baby Moby, he is my world. I would be devestated if anything happened to him. I take care of him to the highest of my capabilites, and I'm always still scared I'm doing something wrong :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank you all for responding. I love my baby Moby, he is my world. I would be devestated if anything happened to him. I take care of him to the highest of my capabilites, and I'm always still scared I'm doing something wrong :p
I panic every time something changes in Tidgy's habits, moods or physical appearance.
Sometimes we care too much.:)
Looks a super, normal, healthy tortoise to me.
It's good to care.
Better than the alternative.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I panic every time something changes in Tidgy's habits, moods or physical appearance.
Sometimes we care too much.:)
Looks a super, normal, healthy tortoise to me.
It's good to care.
Better than the alternative.
I tend to worry as well, especially when I think: "There are NO vets for torts here." :(