Let's see those tort-aly awesome names!

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey all! So.... I got to thinking and, I don't believe that a thread exists for this, so I thought that I would start the trend lol!
Let' see all those fun tort names - the good... the bad... and the ugly! I want them ALL!!!! Feel free to post photos and vids of all your little shell friends, how they acquired their names, and the meaning behind them! I'll start -

I have 4 torts....
Felix - came with his name and very much so fits it - he's a spunky lil fella
Ivy-Marie - she fits the majestic name with her in all her glory - thinks she deserves a throne fit for a queen
Murphie - Goes well with his sisters name above, and it matches his chunky grandpa legs with his little butt wiggle
Evangeline (Evie) - I acquired her around Easter time, her name means "Good News/Gospel" fits her adventurous spirt

I'm looking forward to seeing all those fun tortoise names! Let's keep this thread rolling folks!!

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
20220416_143210.jpg
Marcedes- he is adventurous and outgoing. He lives by himself in a 5' foot by 5' foot enclosure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Most of my tortoises were rescues. If they had a name when they were turned in they kept that name. . . like a big male named David that I kept (all the rest were adopted out as soon as I found good homes).

My longest kept tortoise was Mi-Shell who lived with me for over 30 or 40 years.

My big sulcata, was Dudley when I got him and he's still Dudley.

I raised a real bumpy leopard from an egg and his name is Bumpy.

I got a pair of SA leopards from Tom and their names are Tommie and Rxxxxie ( play on Tom's last name that I didn't want to post on the 'net).

A female leopard came to me from Cincinatti and her name is Cincinatti.

But mostly I don't name them. My turtles and tortoises are not "pets" in the true sense of the word. I try to give them the most natural environment I can with the space I have to work with, and I just sit there and enjoy them.

janetm

Phoenix AZ
I have 2 desert tortoises that are 22 years old, both female. I inherited them when my sister passed away in 2009. She'd had them since they were babies. One is Diamond (she has a diamond pattern on her shell) and the other is Kodak (don't know why).

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
My first tortoise I had was named Ghido after this cute little flying turtle in a game my husband and I play.
My redfoot that I still own is named ChiChi. We thought he was a she at first. When we first got him, the ppl didn't name him. When we got him home his glass tank he came with was set next to a statue of Goku (dragon ball z) that my husband had. 'She' stared at it every time 'she' came out, so we named her ChiChi aka Goku's wife's name because she kept looking at the muscular man 😂
We didn't change his name when we were told she was a he, but I usually call him Cheech or Roonie (after a character called a Chichiroon in the same game Ghido is from)

All my animals have odd names though... my bearded dragon is Peski and I have 2 pet snails named Famfrit and whimsy.20220421_181330.jpg

Grace-Sophia

Texas
My first tortoise I had was named Ghido after this cute little flying turtle in a game my husband and I play.
My redfoot that I still own is named ChiChi. We thought he was a she at first. When we first got him, the ppl didn't name him. When we got him home his glass tank he came with was set next to a statue of Goku (dragon ball z) that my husband had. 'She' stared at it every time 'she' came out, so we named her ChiChi aka Goku's wife's name because she kept looking at the muscular man 😂
We didn't change his name when we were told she was a he, but I usually call him Cheech or Roonie (after a character called a Chichiroon in the same game Ghido is from)

All my animals have odd names though... my bearded dragon is Peski and I have 2 pet snails named Famfrit and whimsy.View attachment 343562
That is literally the best and funniest thing ever! CAN ANYONE BEAT THAT??!!🤣