Lepord tortoise not using back legs

Crjh

Location (City and/or State)
Ca
My leopard tortoise is about a year old and I’ve had zero issues until now. These past few days he hasn’t moved around a lot. He’s mainly using his front legs to move. All of his temps and humidity are correct within everyones guide lines. He has UBV and a CHE for heat. He goes outside supervised all the time. I soak him four times a week and he has water as his leisure. He eats dandelion, collard greens, romaine, he’s hates grasses no matter how I try to give it to him. His appetite has slowed which has me concerned as well. I’m not new to having tortoises but this issue has me worried. I need some advice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First please give us the exact temps you are saying are correct, most times, they are not
The info out there most people follow is wrong.
Second, how old and large is the tort and how big is his main enclosure?
I rescued a leopard a few years back that couldn't use his legs properly because he was housed in too small of an enclosure and didn't get any exercise or muscle toning.
What type of uvb are you using?
Post pics of him and the enclosure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My leopard tortoise is about a year old and I’ve had zero issues until now. These past few days he hasn’t moved around a lot. He’s mainly using his front legs to move. All of his temps and humidity are correct within everyones guide lines. He has UBV and a CHE for heat. He goes outside supervised all the time. I soak him four times a week and he has water as his leisure. He eats dandelion, collard greens, romaine, he’s hates grasses no matter how I try to give it to him. His appetite has slowed which has me concerned as well. I’m not new to having tortoises but this issue has me worried. I need some advice.
We are happy to help, but we need more info. @wellington laid out the first round of questions well for you.

Usual causes of this can include:
1. Dehydration
2. Impaction or constipation
3. Small enclosures
4. Incorrect substrate
5. Metabolic bone disease, which has many factors including diet, calcium intake, D3 intake, UV, and exercise.

Here is more info for you:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome. Waiting to see your response to all the advice and questions. It will be a great first step to recovery for your tortoise! Thanks.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
heat stroke can also cause partial paralysis. Which part of CA you from ? it was pretty hot past few days