Leopards Sociable??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
As most know I acquired two male Leopard (babcocki)..I have been noticing they don't interact...they seem to avoid each other ... Preferring to sleep out of the hide burrowing in the hay at opposite ends of the enclosure...they will walk by each other and eat from the same plate... But that's it... Is this normal?? Should I put them both in the hide at night?? Should I have tw hides??

Thoughts, opinions

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I am a big one for the if it's not broken, don't fix it theory. Forcing them to share close quarters, could cause them to lose the peaceful co-existence they are having.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
So should I remove the hide... Neither one of them use it..preferring to dig into the hay..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hector my gut feeling on this is either offer two equally desirable hides or offer none....IMHO that is....:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tony the tank said:
So should I remove the hide... Neither one of them use it..preferring to dig into the hay..

I would leave the hide. They may neither one be choosing to use it today, but no telling what they may want to do tomorrow. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mine, 8-9 months has two hides. He is the only tort I have. He prefers laying under a bridge that connects to boxes together. Dug down to the bottom of the substrate, and thats where he sleeps, 99% of the time. Hmmmm, what ever makes him happy:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I would have 2 hides, but thats just me... If you have the room for 2 that is.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I would also add and extra hide and let them choose if they want to use them..

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well I cleaned out the enclosures yesterday...and through some orchard grass in the hide..put in a lot and I just went and checked on them and they are in the hide..they dug in deep..:cool:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
A couple of hides are a good idea for multiple tortoises. Since you have two males, they're not going to be too interested in each other, just be careful if you throw in a female, they'll likely show more aggression towards each other during breeding season.

Status
Not open for further replies.