Picture360.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Asigafoos: (May we know your real name?) Welcome to the forum!!
Your little tortoise is a real cutie pie and your tortoise habitat looks really nice. When your little guy gets bigger, though, you won't be able to use the indoor/outdoor carpet because they try to eat it. But for now, its a good way to go because its easy to clean. I like that you have the thermometer down at tortoise level. what kind of hiding place do you have and what lights do you use?

Again: Welcome!!

Yvonne

asigafoos

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, TX, USA
emysemys said:
Hi Asigafoos: (May we know your real name?) Welcome to the forum!!
Your little tortoise is a real cutie pie and your tortoise habitat looks really nice. When your little guy gets bigger, though, you won't be able to use the indoor/outdoor carpet because they try to eat it. But for now, its a good way to go because its easy to clean. I like that you have the thermometer down at tortoise level. what kind of hiding place do you have and what lights do you use?

Again: Welcome!!

Yvonne

Hi! The names Sigafoos. I have a 10 gallon aquarium with a Zoo Med Combination Reptile Hood. I have an Exo-Terra Repti-Glo 5.0 15w tube light, an Exo-Terra Sun Glo 60w, and a Exo-Terra Night Glo 50w. Its over a metal screen lid. I know that it looses going through the lid though, but I don't wont his eyes to get hurt so I didn't want to get too strong of lights. The temp. stays betwee 84 and 90 degrees. Yea, the turf is just temp. until I build a really nice pen for him in the coming weeks. It's easy to clean though and i make sure he doesn't try to eat it when he's trying to get the crumbs down in it.

M

Maggie Cummings

He's a very beautiful tort and it's obvious you care for him...but get him out of that aquarium as soon as you can. You can't get a decent temperature gradient in an aquarium...I love the picture of him with his face in the water...priceless!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.