Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks like a regular sulcata to me. But his eyes are closed and swollen looking in all four pics. What do you want to bet he's under one of those coil bulbs?

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
You don't see it Tom? I swear I see leo in him, but I could be wrong. Yea he is not looking too good with his eyes closed in all the pics, and it looks like he is just kept on newspaper.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Poor thing. He doesn't look good at all. His poor eyes! His shell doesn't look healthy at all...need to bump up the humidity, sprays, soaks, and healthy eating with calcium. Looks on the way to MVD. He/she looks Sulcata to me as well.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with Tom, looks like a regular Sulcata and it's not being care for. Poor little guy..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
jeffbens0n said:
You don't see it Tom? I swear I see leo in him, but I could be wrong. Yea he is not looking too good with his eyes closed in all the pics, and it looks like he is just kept on newspaper.

No no, your not crazy. I do kinda see what you are talking about. The ring of color in each scute and the color along the sides does look a little leopardy. Anything is possible here.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
wow all 4 pics it's eyes are closed, and of course when it is a suicata you can charge more for it. It's shell does look a little strange color wise.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
thats not a lepracutta...its a " poor health" sully straight up!

JD~

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
I just emailed the person this:

"Hello,

I am sure you have been recieving a few other emails showing concern about your little guy, but I was just curious as to how he is being kept?
His eyes being closed in all of the pictures is a bit concerning, and he does not look like he feels 100%.

Would you be willing to lower the re-homing fee to a good home that would get him the proper care he needs?
In the meantime, please let me know how he is currently being kept, so I can give suggestions on how to keep him happy and healthy. I have 8 tortoises myself, 3 of them being Sulcatas.

Thank you,"

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well...if you would like to see the " real deal "...here is what they look like as youngsters......:p
LL.jpg
A-4.jpg

JD~:)

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
^ Aww, the leocatas above are so cute! I wonder how they'll look when they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.