Leopard shell rot

Status
Not open for further replies.

keg

5 Year Member
Hi I'm a little worried about my baby leopard. She is around 1-2 years old and got her from a local pet shop. Iv just noticed what looks like she'll rot and after lifting a small section of the shell the dreaded looked confirmed. Feeling above the infected area feels and looks ok. It's on both sides in the exact same places like she was squeezed as a baby??? What is the best way of treating it so it doesn't go any further. Iv also attached a few pics. Iv given it a light brush with a tooth brush to keep it clean

I know I'm going to lose some shell but would rather her be healthy again.

She is active and eating ok still

Hope you can help me as I feel a bad parentImageUploadedByTortForum1371837905.222441.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1371837917.080759.jpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
Go look for some betadine online for your leopard tort, but only use this once or maybe twice because too much could kill your tortoise after that get some Chlorhexidine ( if I spelled that right) which is basically a antiseptic doctors use. Or even better go online and watch some videos of reptile owners using products and watch how they apply them. :) sorry about your tortoise! :(

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Pm Tom he can help you. Or yvonne

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

keg

5 Year Member
Puckles[TURTLE] said:
Go look for some betadine online for your leopard tort, but only use this once or maybe twice because too much could kill your tortoise after that get some Chlorhexidine ( if I spelled that right) which is basically a antiseptic doctors use. Or even better go online and watch some videos of reptile owners using products and watch how they apply them. :) sorry about your tortoise! :(

Thanks for the reply ill go to the pharmacy tomorrow

mike taylor said:
Pm Tom he can help you. Or yvonne

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Thanks for the advice is that there usernames? I'm new here too

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think you should take the tortoise to see a vet who is familiar with tortoise diseases to be sure of what's wrong. The bad spots are not in the usual places where shell rot appears.

keg

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
I think you should take the tortoise to see a vet who is familiar with tortoise diseases to be sure of what's wrong. The bad spots are not in the usual places where shell rot appears.

Thanks for that iv got a local vet that iv used in the past with my other. It's on both sides in matching places.

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.