leopard indoor habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.

critters88

5 Year Member
could I get some pics and info on your guys set ups you have for leopard tort hatchlings. Going to get them in the spring and want everything ready to go for their arrival. Get it all set up play with temps and lighting and have most of the bugs worked out before they come. Im so excited I dont want to do something wrong and harm them. Have been looking at a lot of set ups already and the wheels are turning in my head but just need more info the more you guys can throw at me the better. what temps, what subtrats what lighting, humidity level the things to test all of these settings. can you use heat tape like for your water pipes on the bottom of a plastic tub will the lighting melt the plastic. should I start with a homemade table with a lid if I have one clear side on it to watch my baby will it harm it, or should I just start them in a plastic tub habitat. what has worked for you guys, pyramiding has got me scared to death I seen some photos of some very awful looking shells I dont want to this to happen. do they need reptile calcium sup. with d3 I have it on hand as I need it to make bml for my sugar gliders.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There is a thread section of enclosures. Look there. Also, read the threads at the bottom of my post. They are Toms. The sulcata and leopard ones both will work for a leopard and is the best way to raise a healthy, smooth leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.