Leopard Gecko

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Help! My sister's Chinese frog eyed gecko has stopped eating and is very skinny. She has not had a UV bulb for him so I lent her mine since I take my tortoises outside for their UV rays. He's under a UV bulb now. What do we do now???

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Need more info: Where did she get the gecko? How long has she had it? What is the set-up? Temps? Humidity?

Personally, I don't think UV is going to help much...there's something else going on.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I agree with the above. I don't believe the gecko needs the UVB. But we need to know more...

richybear

5 Year Member
Gecko's dont need uvb . I would take him/her to a vet sounds something serious . Is it being fed gut loaded crickets dusted with calcium ?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Its being fed crickets from Petsmart. The crickets aren't being dusted with calcium. She got him a year or 2 ago from the Pomona Reptile expo at a stand. He's been happy and healthy all this time and hes been growing well. The temp is 80 degrees and the humidity is 50. He just came out and is basking. He's terribly skinny.

I really want him to get better :(

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Does she gutload the crickets? Are they dusted with any supplement? I'm really confused as to what kind of gecko you are asking about. The title is Leopard gecko but then you say frog eyed gecko. Are you able to post pics of the gecko and his set up?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Those are two different lizards. Can you please post a picture?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ok then, she assumed it was a type of Leopard Gecko. But we know for sure its a Chinese Frog Eye'd Gecko.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
Both species have different requirements so could u possibly post a picture?

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
Oh ok well could u describe the gecko? Because we don't want to give you information that could possibly harm the gecko