leopard couple for adoption.

Zoobythesea

I received a different pic than this but it looked really familiar! For some reason I'm not able to upload it...

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
I'm thinking this is a scam. I recieved picture of the tortoises and it's the exact same picture as this one. http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sheets/Leopard-Tortoise/

Which is this
9acc3f2e3052f9e5faeb4780a8fb4295.jpg

And here is the pic I was sent.
3fd7d931c9514dd29dfcb19bf5e889ab.jpg

Don't send this guy money, he won't ship to you anything.
at least u got a pic of a leopard of remote size. They sent me a pic of sulcata hatchling and when I told them it was a sulcata hatchling and asked for an updated pic of actual tortoises they got nasty and said they had no time for pics taking and would just send them to a rescue. I hate that someone is on here trying to fraud people. When I was new (I'm still new but I mean before I knew anything) I turned here for advise and trusted what I was told. This is a shame.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I also believe its a scam. I guess some people have nothing better to do. :( Its sad to think that some folks just sit around and ponder ways to cheat someone else out of hard earned money.
:mad:

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
I also believe its a scam. I guess some people have nothing better to do. :( Its sad to think that some folks just sit around and ponder ways to cheat someone else out of hard earned money.
:mad:
Yes it is. They was pretty upset w me. I emailed back and forth for about a week. Every email I would ask for an over head current pic of the actual tortoises. Never once did I say "ok I want them, get a shipping quote." But yet I get an email talking about some weird voucher and I need to send them a code. They never even got my shipping info to get a price on shipping. The first email they sent had the wrong pic so I knew something was up then so I just played along. Between the sulcata hatchling pic they sent and the hasty voucher thing, I figure it must be a kid cause anyone with a 4th grade education should have done better then that. Lol.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Yes it is. They was pretty upset w me. I emailed back and forth for about a week. Every email I would ask for an over head current pic of the actual tortoises. Never once did I say "ok I want them, get a shipping quote." But yet I get an email talking about some weird voucher and I need to send them a code. They never even got my shipping info to get a price on shipping. The first email they sent had the wrong pic so I knew something was up then so I just played along. Between the sulcata hatchling pic they sent and the hasty voucher thing, I figure it must be a kid cause anyone with a 4th grade education should have done better then that. Lol.

Like i said some folks got nothing better to do. And i agree regarding them sending pic of the baby sulcata instead of the advertised leos pic. :eek: I mean Wth are they thinking,? I mean really. Good Grief :mad:

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
I'm thinking this is a scam. I recieved picture of the tortoises and it's the exact same picture as this one. http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care-Sheets/Leopard-Tortoise/

Which is this
9acc3f2e3052f9e5faeb4780a8fb4295.jpg

And here is the pic I was sent.
3fd7d931c9514dd29dfcb19bf5e889ab.jpg

Don't send this guy money, he won't ship to you anything.
Since this is a scam can you block these people from doing it again, posting ads like this one? Maybe from forum? I would hate for them to just post again in a month after they have done their homework and figure out how to do a better job of lying.