Leopard always sleeping. Help!

littleleo

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Barbara
I got my baby leopard tortoise back in March and I don't know his age but I am sure he is about a few months old given his small state. He wakes up at 7 when his basking light goes on and walks around, eats, etc. After eating he tends to bask a little then takes a nap. Later on he is given a bath like around 2/3pm and walks around some more and then sleeps again but this time until the next day. Is this normal? Should I wake him up? His lights do not go off until 7 pm and he tends to go to bed around 4/5.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sounds pretty normal to me, what are your temperatures?

Nmcgowan

Just as dmmj said this is pretty normal. My baby is also on this routine but about an hour later. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Babies do sleep a lot. Temps are good as long as the humidity is also good, 80%.
When my first one was little, I found if I changed things up in his enclosure he would explore it longer for a couple days, then went back to sleeping more.

Robber

10 Year Member!
MO, USA
Yes, pretty typical of all babies I have raised - activity early morning followed by rest, a second round of browsing and eating in the later afternoon, then not to be seen again until morning. Some will have more frequent short periods of activity later in the day than others.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Typical pattern which mimics life in the wild - get up early and eat before temps get too high, hide and rest during the heat of the day, forage around late afternoon for more food, then off to sleep.