Leahs Enclosure is finally DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Whittier, CA.
I have had leah for about a month now and i just finished her enclosure took some time my fogger went out and i had to replace the fan and i had to find the right kind of cover and make the holes for it but now its DONE! praise GOD! Let me know what you guys think, anything i should change or fix thanks!

Front view
23u5ut3.jpg

Top of Enclosure
2mx036f.jpg

Humidity Level inside enclosure i had just put it in there so its actually at 78% through out the whole enclosure.
2hmox8x.jpg

Now just some pics of Leah thought id through those in lol ;)
30dcuj6.jpg

Leah getting her grub on
hs2qtf.jpg

2rdzt5c.jpg

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Nice set up, I am a little concerned you may have a fire hazard with that light on top of the plastic lid though? Is there any other way to use the light? Maybe I am just paranoid? Otherwise looks awesome and what a cute tort you have there :)

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
The holes are big enough that they are not being hit by any heat the one on the left is low enought that its not touching the plastic and the one on the right the hole is wide enought that the light isnt hitting it at all. I was worried about that too and made them bigger then what the actual light fixture is haha.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I had the same thought about the light on the plastic lid. What a cute tort you have!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Have you measured the heat directly under that CHE? It seems very low.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
Neal said:
Have you measured the heat directly under that CHE? It seems very low.

i am checking that now what do you think the temp should be at?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
About 100 directly underneath it if that is only going to be on during the night is what I would say. That should keep the outer edges of the corner above 80 as well, you don't want any cold spots with the fogger and humidity.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
Neal said:
About 100 directly underneath it if that is only going to be on during the night is what I would say. That should keep the outer edges of the corner above 80 as well, you don't want any cold spots with the fogger and humidity.

yeah its a 60 watt and right now directly underneath it is 94, do you think i should raise it up more or leave it?

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
What I think Neal is saying is that if the ONLY light that is on during the night, put it at 100. But during the day, since you have the basking lamp in the 90's, then you are fine.

gmayor said:
Neal said:

yeah its a 60 watt and right now directly underneath it is 94, do you think i should raise it up more or leave it?

94 on the "cool side" under the CHE? That seems a bit hot. Your not giving her any cooler area if both sides are in the 90's.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
94 is good, as long as the CHE is powerful enough to keep the temps on the outer edges of your tank about 80 - 85 then I wouldn't adjust anything.

If the temperatures are lower than that on the edges, I would recomend a higher wattage CHE or even putting a dome around it might direct more heat downward instead of up and out of your tank. Judging from your pictures, the one you have in there now is already halfway to your substrate from the top of your tank, any closer would increase as a fire hazard.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
yeah i have felt how hot the substrate gets from it being that high and it doesnt feel to crazy hot i think if i put the dome on around the CHE then it might direct it straight down and then may cause a fire but i think its pretty good where its at now.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
gmayor said:
yeah i have felt how hot the substrate gets from it being that high and it doesnt feel to crazy hot i think if i put the dome on around the CHE then it might direct it straight down and then may cause a fire but i think its pretty good where its at now.

Also, if you plan on getting a dome anytime, you'd want to make sure that the dome is the right type for your CHE. They create a lot of heat so they can heat up way too much on the inside of the dome and short out. The ones specified for the CHE are the wired open ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.