Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The caption under this picture said it was taken as she left a restaurant. I want to see her walk in and out of the door. Or better yet...get into the limo! What a nut!!

LadyGaga.jpg

If I were that guy with her I'd be SO embarrassed!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I love her! I think we have all forgotten the get-ups Cher used to preform and walk around in. Heck, look at what Madonna used to wear. Wasn't the phrase "hotter than Madonna in a pointy bra" in several movies? :D Gaga's music is great, I like her songs when I'm walking to school. :)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i think her fashion, music, and sense of style is quite original, and very entertaining. i loved her at the grammys.

chadk

10 Year Member!
They are ALL nuts. Too many drugs? Emotionally unstable? Starved \ addicted to attention? Publicity stunts? Hiding the lack of actual talent?

My vote? All of the above!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I think she is as amusing as any other shock-value celebrity. As long as they don't have kids who have to reconcile themselves with their parents' warped role-modeling (remember Madonna's photo book, Sex? I'll bet she wishes Lourdes didn't have to explain that to her friends at school!:( ) they are relatively harmless to society. Does Lady Gaga support any charities or do philanthropic work when she's not dressing up in idiosyncratic costumes? :cool:

I haven't heard her music, but I think my 17-year-old likes it. :p

The problem is, it's an ugly sculpture. ;)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Well, whatever she's doing to get attention, is working.

Its sad to think people do such extreme things to get attention.
I bet someone writes the music for her...&all she has to do is look strange

she reminds me of combination of Marilyn manson and Madonna

emysemys said:
The caption under this picture said it was taken as she left a restaurant. I want to see her walk in and out of the door. Or better yet...get into the limo! What a nut!!

LadyGaga.jpg

If I were that guy with her I'd be SO embarrassed!
Priceless facial expression! "Hate my life "

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm with Yvonne. She's a little too far out there for me.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Lady Gaga is an extremely talented. You actually have to watch her perform. Chad I can't believe you would say that about this one. All I can say is it's obvious that you don't know who she is. She kind of like the female "Elton John".

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
She's actually into philanthropy (so i've read), mostly for the fight against HIV/AIDs... But otherwise I don't know much about her.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Candy said:
Lady Gaga is an extremely talented. You actually have to watch her perform. Chad I can't believe you would say that about this one. All I can say is it's obvious that you don't know who she is. She kind of like the female "Elton John".

"talent" can be a very subjective term...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Chad honestly have you seen her perform that's all I wanted you to answer? Have you seen her playing the piano and singing and entertaining? You might not like the entertaining part of it because she can be quite revealing. Talent is talent and you can't take it away just because you don't approve of how that person uses it. I was quite taken the first time that I saw her perform. Elton John just doesn't do duets with just anyone. Did you see them on the Grammys? UTube it. You probably won't like for your children to watch it though.

And Abe she does write her own songs.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I think she's awesome :D Definitely one-of-a-kind!

moswen

5 Year Member
LOL!!! it would have been SO FUNNY if she were sitting at the table in the restaurant, and tipped her head back to laugh at something hilarious, with the waiter walking behind her at that exact moment with her drinks! oooooh.... if only my imagination were only able to project a short film onto this computer screen....

meticulous86

5 Year Member
Vancouver Island
Lady Gaga has undeniable talent as a songwriter and singer. I have seen her live, and her voice is so powerful.

Her outfits are not meant to be fashion, they are sculpture; a walking art show. If everyone was conventional, the world would be a very boring place.

Let's not judge others by how they express themselves.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
meticulous86 said:
Lady Gaga has undeniable talent as a songwriter and singer. I have seen her live, and her voice is so powerful.

Her outfits are not meant to be fashion, they are sculpture; a walking art show. If everyone was conventional, the world would be a very boring place.

Let's not judge others by how they express themselves.

Does she write her own songs? I know that 99% of the mainstream artists do not, and most people don't realize this because when the singer (actually, the record label) purchases a song from a song writer it becomes their legal property and they do not need to give the songwriter recognition. If she does write her own material that would bring her up a step in my mind, but I would doubt that she does even if it is widely proclaimed that she does.

The bottom line is that she only started to dress/act this way when she realized it was her ticket to fame. She was a musician long before she started to dress the way she does (there are some videos if you can find them of her singing some fairly standard tunes dressed in average clothes in the not too distant past). I can only speculate, but based on what I know about Lady Gaga and my knowledge of the music industry it is likely that the character 'Lady Gaga' has been designed by a manager, producer, or maybe a whole team of people in the music industry. There is also the chance that she did decide to dress and act the way that she does on her own, and again that would be a refreshing change from the usual, but I think it's unlikely.

Nice that she's doing something different, but some of the most talented musicians in the world get little or no recognition for their achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.