Just got a new addition

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats, but you should have kept her from your other one until you had quarantined for at least three months, to be sure it doesn't have anything to pass on. Anyway, congrats.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Now that I noticed you are a long time member, question for you. Do you normally not quarantine and if so, have you ever had any problems? Just curious, specially russians mostly being WC of her size and age and ware and tear of her shell and reading that they can really have a lot of parasites. Thanks.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Congrats!!!!

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
You know your right I should have quarantine her first. Stupid me over excited again. I did put some anti-parasitic medication in thier food. Not that it makes it ok.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You know your right I should have quarantine her first. Stupid me over excited again. I did put some anti-parasitic medication in thier food. Not that it makes it ok.

Totally understandable. It is too exciting to get a new tortoise. I'm sure all will be well.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
She is pretty! I'm actually enjoying her sell, very plain. Once 'smooths' out a bit (as in, once she grows a bit and some of her dinged up spots clear over) her shell will be absolutely gorgeous.
Congrats! :D

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
Nice tort and I understand getting to excited and not quarantining I adopted one over the summer and as soon I as I got him home I put him outside with my other one so he got good uv plus access to weeds

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
Nice tort and I understand getting to excited and not quarantining I adopted one over the summer and as soon I as I got him home I put him outside with my other one so he got good uv plus access to weeds
Yea somestimes we take risks. When you have an aquarium and buy new fish you just want to throw them in with the rest and watch them.

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
I know what u mean with the fish I have gotten better about quarantining them after I lost half off my fish In my fifty five gallon tank.