Just Another New Face...

Squirrel

Hello everyone, I'm a brand new turtle caregiver. About a month and a half ago I accepted a sick Eastern box turtle who needed a foster home immediately. I'd never kept a reptile before, but I love them and learned everything I could.

My boyfriend and I named him Grady. He's about 6'' and is now in good health again.

DSCN0038.jpg
Here he is back when his poor little eyes were still swollen shut.​

I've been referring to this forum ever since I first took him in, and it's been incredibly helpful to a turtle noob like me. Now that it's become clear I'll be keeping him long-term, I figured I should go ahead and register.

Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and welcome. Nice looking Boxie. I'm curious, what caused the swelled eyes? Coil type bulb by chance?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Poor baby! Hope his eyes are ok now! Bless you for taking him in! And warmest welcome from Texas! Your baby is a beauty! I love his colors

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Cool turtle. Welcome to the forum. There are many great people here with up to date info. They can answer any questions you might have.

Rue

Canada
Glad he's found himself a good home!

Squirrel

Thank you all! :<3:

Wellington - I'm not sure what caused his swollen eyes; I don't know much about his previous environment. He had all the signs of a respiratory infection when I got him, but he's made a complete recovery.