Juan Pablo aka JP aka The Tortoise

ExtremeJustin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
I'm in Tampa, Florida so the humidity outside is perfect right now.I realize it's been a long time since I posted. It's been a constant battle with humidity inside. I've finally decided to give up and keep the tort outside. Unfortunately he's got pyramiding so I'm looking at keeping future torts outside even when they are young. I realize it's been a couple years since I've taken pics. He's bigger than this now. I'm going to take pics soon and post them. His name is Juan Pablo although the vet still wants to refer to him as JP sometimes. I told my daughter we should wait until he is a known male or female, but she was determined to call him Juan Pablo even before we knew so I told the vet his initials were JP just in case we had to give it a female name. For several years we've just called him The Tortoise since he was the only one here. We will probably keep calling him either Juan Pablo or The First Tortoise later on when I get more (I won't get any more until after I have this major surgery that I have to have). Anyway, I hope this pic came out. I need to get newer pics of him because he has gotten huge since I switched him to from spring leaf to Mazori and Collard Greens (on different days).

Justin

redfoot-jp-20150312_182309.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Once you've moved him outside, you can ditch that water dish and make him a little pool he can climb into. A large plant saucer works well.