Jimbo update

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
An update for everyone - one of the reasons i haven't been online.
Sorry everyone, I just haven't felt like being social. If anything i'm contemplating Hibernation. Anyone got a nice warm heated shed I can borrow?

Anyway here's my blog with Jimbo update.
He's been diagnosed with Spinal Arthritis.
http://stephiiberrybean.posterous.com/

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I just read your blog and although this is very hard to go through the positive side that I understood from what you read is that Jimbo's issue does seem to be treatable with medication. I wish you both the best of luck!

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Well, we are hoping it is treatable. We're trying the steroids to see if it improves, than we'll know for sure it's Spinal Arthritis. So we are just playing it by ear really, seeing what happens as to as what the next step is. So hopefully it will be treatable :)

tweeter

5 Year Member
NC
Sending jingles for Jimbo! I'm glad he's off the bute, it's good stuff but can cause some serious problems (I'm sure you know all that tho).

Give him an extra carrot or two for me.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
tweeter said:
Sending jingles for Jimbo! I'm glad he's off the bute, it's good stuff but can cause some serious problems (I'm sure you know all that tho).

Give him an extra carrot or two for me.

Yea. I hate buting horses up. Luckily he was only on it for little over a week and i just have to think it made him pain free which is what matters.
If they are going to be on it for a while, I tend to use Alphabute or no bute instead. As it's a lot safer, and just as effective, for long term use.

I shall do :)
Got some carrots with tops on them from the supermarket today as a treat for both him and Berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.