Jacky And Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I hope you have had a good day. This morning I went to my balance class, and I was praised for my progress, which was very nice ! It was quite sunny, so Richard took Zola for a walk in Bude - it was a bit cold on the breakwater, and very windy, so he mostly stayed in his dad's jacket , but he really does enjoy it. Later in the afternoon I gave him a traditional stroke, with curtains drawn but no fire lit, and he was very happy for a long time - wanting to go back to his conservatory just as his dad finished cooking the supper ! (By the way, I can cook too, but Richard prefers to do it, as he is afraid of me falling .)
The robin is still around - sometimes with babies, sometimes on his own - we have discovered that he is deeply suspicious of Richard's reading glasses, as well as his hats !
I had a garbled message on the answerphone about me having an appointment at Derriford hospital in early June, which I think means because of the headache stuff - anyway, I am supposed to be getting a letter eventually , so I hope I will know more soon.
Love from Angie and Zola to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends xxxxxxxx

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.
Hello Seymour! How are you, your mum, PeeWee and your little friends?

Natrah
Hi Natrah, every one is doing fine, Thank you for asking.
The weather is warming up here so the kids have been spending most the day out in the Tortle tub. One end has a lil pond for them to wade through, or get a sip of water. The other end has bark with part of it shaded so they don't get too hot, we dumped some crickets in it, so the Boxie* has some munchies if she wishes.
*I just adopted another Boxie yesterday, she is just like bump. I'm told she is more than 20 years old, and has a VERY good appetite. She ate 8 super worms after her soak yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• 20240503_092124.jpg
    20240503_092124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

MaNaAk

Southend
The weather is warming up here so the kids have been spending most the day out in the Tortle tub. One end has a lil pond for them to wade through, or get a sip of water. The other end has bark with part of it shaded so they don't get too hot, we dumped some crickets in it, so the Boxie* has some munchies if she wishes.
*I just adopted another Boxie yesterday, she is just like bump. I'm told she is more than 20 years old, and has a VERY good appetite. She ate 8 super worms after her soak yesterday afternoon.
Is that one of your Redfoots with them Marsha? It looks like they're all doing fine.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Angie I'm pleased you got to your class but how do you feel? It would be good if you could have medication rather than all those injections. I'm glad you, Zola, Richard, Marsha, Seymour, PeeWee, Bump and friend had good weather. It was awful here but I had to go out and get wet but at least Jacky was more settled. I bet it was raining in Northampton Sue. Did Dickie eat today and how is Sherman? He has got a lot in common with Jacky!

The Robins being suspicious reminds me of when my eldest nephew was a baby. We had been invited to my brother's house for a barbecue and dad was playing with his grandson. However at one stage my nephew got hold of dad's glasses and he was going to bend them so I managed to get his hand off dad's glasses and removed them altogether. A few seconds later we all heard crying and dad came into the kitchen with my nephew saying "Grandad has changed!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣. At this point I also noticed Gordon the cat cowering under the sideboard as if to say he's at it again!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
No we had the same weather as you yesterday Natrah, it rained all day big puddles everywhere. Dickie didn’t come out at all as it was a bit chilly. Today she is out in the morning sun. I’ve put food out including trying her with a strawberry. We‘ll see if she eats any of it. The birds will likely eat the fruit soon.
Sherman is getting visitors, he is an attraction for the young children who stroke him under the watchful eye of their parent. He is very laid back most of the time. You‘re right Jacky & Sherman both have mischievous tendencies so has Zola!

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I was hoping to go to my favourite nature reserve tomorrow but I don't think I'll be able to because I really don't feel well. Blocked sinuses but at least Jacky spent a lot of time outside.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I'm sorry you are not feeling well - I'm a bit shaky, too. However, Zola was in a very nice mood today and he takes my mind off things really well ! The weather has been very changeable through the day.
We haven't done anything very interesting to report, but we hope to go to Barnstaple for radicchio on Tuesday. And at some time very soon, we aim to go to the bluebell wood we visit each year - it is probably very muddy and slippery at the moment, and, as it is on a slope, I am afraid to walk there - but if we don't go soon, the bluebells will be over. One thing that is very noticeable there is that the birds have to sing very loudly, as there is a motorway right at the bottom of the slope , with constant traffic noise !
I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Love to you,Jacky and Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends, from Angie and Zola xxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I am going to have to take tomorrow easy as well. All I've eaten today is Rice Krispies, Peanut Butter sandwiches and Weetabix. I am disappointed about not going to my favourite nature reserve but I did see a Holly Blue behind the flat and also Angie I thought of you because I phoned my former neighbour today and she is going to fall prevention classes with her husband. Jacky spent most of the day outside in total to last year when I had to rush her to the vets. I took the picture below this morning:

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240505103331_BURST000_COVER.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Natrah I hope you start to feel better soon. Blocked sinuses are very uncomfortable & really affect everything you do. Also Angie, hopefully you’ll get to the bluebell wood in time before they ’go over’.
Im glad Jacky is doing so well. Dickie has been eating some dandelions, cabbage & nibbling at a few other things. It’s been sunny so she has been active. I would like to try her on radicchio but it’s not in our supermarket & I don’t know where to find it. How long does it keep? I’ve recently ordered some opuntia pads & tortoise hay neither of which she’s been interested in. Being a bit of a novice I was expecting a bag of small opuntia pads but instead got one very large one!
Fingers crossed for more sunny days.

Goodnight everyone

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Is that one of your Redfoots with them Marsha? It looks like they're all doing fine.

Natrah
Yes, that is the older one, were hoping/refer to it as a Her. Her name is spot! and my Bump is the one with a Velcro patch on her backside..

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hey menageriegiel,

Sorry to interrupt but….

It looks like I’m the picture that new tort is saying “does this piece of square paper make my butt look big?” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also, is that a Sulcata to the left???
I don’t see spikes on her legs though??
Is she ok? She kinda looks sad.?
The other two look like they’re following each other and left her out.? 😢🥺☹️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sorry for my pathetic late night spelling of your name and my big dumb man hands!!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hey MenagerieGrl,

Sorry to interrupt but….

It looks like I’m the picture that new tort is saying “does this piece of square paper make my butt look big?” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also, is that a Sulcata to the left???
I don’t see spikes on her legs though??
Is she ok? She kinda looks sad.?
The other two look like they’re following each other and left her out.? 😢🥺☹️
Hello,
The three in the pict is a (Left Tort) Redfoot, named Spot, I'm working on the pyramiding, and the two Boxie's, I was told that the one with the big butt (Bump) was a Gulf Coast Boxie, and the other was just brought here as the previous parents were moving, and could not take her. She looks nearly identical to Bump, so I'm assuming that she is also a GCB also

MaNaAk

Southend
Natrah I hope you start to feel better soon. Blocked sinuses are very uncomfortable & really affect everything you do. Also Angie, hopefully you’ll get to the bluebell wood in time before they ’go over’.
Im glad Jacky is doing so well. Dickie has been eating some dandelions, cabbage & nibbling at a few other things. It’s been sunny so she has been active. I would like to try her on radicchio but it’s not in our supermarket & I don’t know where to find it. How long does it keep? I’ve recently ordered some opuntia pads & tortoise hay neither of which she’s been interested in. Being a bit of a novice I was expecting a bag of small opuntia pads but instead got one very large one!

Goodnight everyone
Dear Sue,

I've woken up feeling slightly clearer so I hope today will be better. We've got rain here at the moment but they say we could have some sunny spells so Jacky may get to go out. I just to warn you to be careful about feeding cabbage to Dickie because some cabbage isn't good for tortoises but having said that Jacky loves spring greens and also kale.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola, Sapphire, Ernie, Dickie, Sherman, PeeWee, Squirt, Seymour, Sally and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

I managed to cheer Natrah up by making apparently my rocking on the food bowl/basking table was hilarious. It seems that I used it like a cradle but anyhow Natrah says I can go out after lunch.

Jacky

zolasmum

5 Year Member

Goodnight everyone
If you get a mixed salad bag from the supermarket, it may have bits of radicchio in it - you can't miss them because they are bright pinky red - and you could see how Dickie likes it, before trying to get a full-size head of it. I would be happy to send you one, if all else fails, but I suggest you find any greengrocers shops near you, and ask if they could get hold of it - if so, I would definitely order a couple to start with, as they will last several weeks in the fridge - you just pull a few outer leaves off each time you need then. We started off that way, and when the shop closed down, we were able to contact the supplier, who has a huge storage place near Barnstaple, and we are able to go there to get them. We pay £2 a head. We take Zola, who the people there really like to see. Some people refer to it as Red Lettuce, but I believe it is related to chicory.
Good Luck from Angie
Z-'s-food.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
If you get a mixed salad bag from the supermarket, it may have bits of radicchio in it - you can't miss them because they are bright pinky red - and you could see how Dickie likes it, before trying to get a full-size head of it. I would be happy to send you one, if all else fails, but I suggest you find any greengrocers shops near you, and ask if they could get hold of it - if so, I would definitely order a couple to start with, as they will last several weeks in the fridge - you just pull a few outer leaves off each time you need then. We started off that way, and when the shop closed down, we were able to contact the supplier, who has a huge storage place near Barnstaple, and we are able to go there to get them. We pay £2 a head. We take Zola, who the people there really like to see. Some people refer to it as Red Lettuce, but I believe it is related to chicory.
Good Luck from Angie
View attachment 370136
Thanks so much will do that. We’ve got her some of the things from the Tortoise table food list as well but she hasn’t eaten them yet but we will keep trying.