Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good morning everyone!

Sherman I am sorry that the sanctuary keepers didn't approve of your home improvement bug did the maintenance man"s work come up to your standards? Will you be making anymore improvements?

Jacky

PS: I hope you're okay Dickie.

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
I have already made a start on further improvements in my shed at the other end away from the repair. The maintenance man might not have noticed so I’ll work on it in secret when he’s not around.

Sherman

MaNaAk

Southend
I have already made a start on further improvements in my shed at the other end away from the repair. The maintenance man might not have noticed so I’ll work on it in secret when he’s not around.

Sherman
What happens if he steps in it?

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I'm sorry if this seems shorter than usual but I'm going to bed slightly earlier than usual because last night I only had an hour's sleep thanks to hay-fever. Also I went to bed with a funny stomach and woke up with a funny stomach. I'm okay now and I'm working on a new schedule to fit in what could be five new pupils at the shop.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Zola and I hope you will feel much better tomorrow - and congratulations about the possible 5 new pupils - people obviously have realised what a great teacher you are !
Lots of love from Angie and Zola xxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Hope you feel better tomorrow Natrah & that you manage to reorganise your schedule to accommodate the new pupils. You’ve obviously been recommended!
The damage in Sherman’s shed is on the lower part of the wall where it looks like he’s been scratching at it &
made 2 holes. He’s doing the same at the other end of the shed.
Goodnight sleep well

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening everyone!

I'm sorry if this seems shorter than usual but I'm going to bed slightly earlier than usual because last night I only had an hour's sleep thanks to hay-fever. Also I went to bed with a funny stomach and woke up with a funny stomach. I'm okay now and I'm working on a new schedule to fit in what could be five new pupils at the shop.

Goodnight everyone

Zola went out with his dad for a walk -it was a lovely sunny day, and I think he wanted to make up for all the walks he had missed recently, so he went on and on along the breakwater and back, having a great time - but when he came home he was so exhausted he could hardly walk up his ramp to his food - and was too tired to eat it anyway !
So I took him into the room where we have been sitting by the fire, even though there was no fire there, drew the curtains, and lay back in the chair with him on my chest. He eventually settled, and slept for quite a while, breathing peacefully - with me just holding him under my fleece. Then I took him back to his room, and he was quite calm, and went to his food as usual.
He did have a walk with his dad on the cliffs,before the breakwater, and they sat on a bench listening to lambs bleating, and saw some swallows arriving from South Africa for the summer. I hope "our"swallows will find their way to our car-port again.
Angie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Zola that was a long walk and I'm not surprised you were tired but I bet your dad was tired as well. Dickie are you still having two soaks a day and Sherman, Jacky would like to know how the other holes are coming on?

Jacky went to bed early to day because she was exhausted after busy day. She needed to have two soaks and it was sunny enough for her to spend some time outside. We both had lunch out with me at the Cliffs Pavilion and Jacky in the garden with dandelions.

I thought of Zola, Angie and Richard today when I read that Agatha Christie worked at a hospital in Torquay! Anyway my hay-fever is tolerable at the moment but my right eye was very itchy yesterday. However this didn't stop me from enjoying a concert given by the Southend Chamber Music Club.

I better go now and Angie I should think the swallows will be back but meanwhile I hope to see the bats again.

Goodnight everyone

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - Zoola is back to his normal self today, after a good sleep, but he didn't go on the breakwater, as his dad wanted to strim the wide grass verge outside our hedge at the front. He prefers to do it on a Sunday, as there is less traffic. While doing it, he saw several swallows appear, and one flew into the carport to check it out ! Possibly one from last year ! ! ! So I might have more photos to send you of the babies.
We did go to look at the sea, of course - it was a lovely blue, and so was the sky.
Richard's brother, Harry, lives in Canada, and he has now learned that Harry is suffering from dementia. He has a little flat in a friend's house, but the friend is quite ill, and wants Harry to get out by the end of the month, as he can't cope with his behaviour difficulties. However, Harry needs some sort of sheltered housing, and such places are very expensive. It is very worrying-Richard's sister lives in Ontario, but a long way from Toronto, where Harry lives, and she has no car - she has been trying to contact various church and medical charities to find help, but not much luck so far.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow
Love from Angie and Zola xxxxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - I helped my dad feed the robin today ! It has been quite cold though, and I didn't go on the breakwater, so I was a bit cross. When I was in the conservatory, I did a lot of banging about and climbing - my mum thought I wasn't very happy, so we went into the fire room, and I sat with her -the curtains were closed, but no fire, and I lay on her chest for a long time, getting stroked. Someetimes I stroked her face with my head too - but not with my arms, as I know they would be scratchy.
A bit later that evening, we heard some very loud thumping on the roof - then it was quiet - then really loud again, and some shrieking, which my dad thought was someone screaming for help. He went out in the garden, and found that it was a peacock ! Standing on our roof and flapping about ! We are not sure who it belongs to, but it did go away in the end.
I hope you have had a good day - have you sorted out times for all your new pupils yet ? It must be difficult to organise it all, but I'm sure you feel good when they make progress.
Lots of love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Wowee a peacock on the roof Zola what a surprise you had. I heard the Blue **** today but I was having dinner a fox strolled past. Anyway it was a rather dull day so Jacky didn't go out but she was quite snug in the enclosure.

Angie I'm sorry about Richard's brother but I was wondering whether there is anything in Canada like citizens advice. I remember when dad developed Alzheimer's apart from him getting him to the doctor I went to citizens advice to start getting things in order and then when dad was diagnosed the consultant referred us to the Alzheimer's Society who had a room at the hospital next to the consultant's! It's horrible to see loved ones suffering from dementia and my heart goes out to you all.

Goodnight everyone

PS: I still chat on Dementia Support Forum and whilst it really based in the UK we have at least one member from Canada. Your sister-in-law might be able to find some support here.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the information - I've told Richard, but his latest email from his sister was very offensive, and he is in no hurry to reply to her.She can be very unpleasant - including to Harry - so that does complicate things. I think we just have to leave it to her at the moment, until she contacts Richard again. (By the way, Richard is a lovely and kind person - not like her at all, and I should know, after 40 years !)
Zola managed to get a short walk along the breakwater today, though it was rather cold, and he seemed a lot happier.
Love to everyone from Zola and me xxxxx
Angie

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Angie,

I'm sorry you and Richard have had to put up with Richard's sister behaving like that and I can fully understand why Richard won't be replying in a hurry. I remember being afraid to look at my emails incase I found a nasty one. Once I turned on my computer and found an email from my brother which was so silly that I wondered what I was worried about. You three sound lovely and I'm also sorry that Harry has to put up with this. Sue I bet you remember the trouble that I had whilst I was caring for dad and especially after his death.

I'm pleased Zola had his walk but although Jacky has been happy inside the enclosure I wish it had been warm enough for her to go out but it has been like winter. I had some bad news today about the old family friends that I met in Leicester just before Daisy passed away. It seems that their mum her was a good friend of mum has got cancer. She has been smoking for most of her life but it is still horrible to think of her suffering like this but anyway the doctor is going to try and treat but as my friend says it is everywhere.

Goodnight everyone

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I hope your day has been a good one.Zola didn't have a walk today, as we had to make an emergency drive to the pet shop at Tavistock to stock up on mealworms for the robins. There are at least 2 babies who come out now to watch their dad fetch mealworms from Richard, and the poor dad is on the go constantly. Then we went to Tavistock market, and Zola met some new admirers - he was very good, keeping his head out and looking at people. It was nice, because some people remembered meeting Zola there years ago - it has been closed for a long time.
We were all quite tired when we got back,but Zola was very sweet, stroking my feet for ages!
Love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Angie and Zola xxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Sorry it's a bit late tonight but I'm rather cold in April. I hope the robins are okay Zola and how are you Dickie? Sherman have you made anymore holes. Jacky is in bed but whilst I have been disappointed with the fact that I have been unable to put her outside she has been enjoying strawberries and she has been feasting. I just want to say that my new Essex Tortoise Group are having a meeting at the end of August and I am considering going with Jacky. The train ride is quite easy and we will be travelling to South Ockendon Social Club. The club is five minutes walk from the station and I thought that I could a small pet carrier that I can take Jacky out in. I am also considering getting this to enable me to take Jacky to the cliffs when I want to have lunches out. Angie pleased could I see more photos of when you take Zola out. Thankyou very much and also Zola did you buy Radicchio when you were in Tavistock?

Goodnight everyone

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good evening everyone!

Sorry it's a bit late tonight but I'm rather cold in April. I hope the robins are okay Zola and how are you Dickie? Sherman have you made anymore holes. Jacky is in bed but whilst I have been disappointed with the fact that I have been unable to put her outside she has been enjoying strawberries and she has been feasting. I just want to say that my new Essex Tortoise Group are having a meeting at the end of August and I am considering going with Jacky. The train ride is quite easy and we will be travelling to South Ockendon Social Club. The club is five minutes walk from the station and I thought that I could a small pet carrier that I can take Jacky out in. I am also considering getting this to enable me to take Jacky to the cliffs when I want to have lunches out. Angie pleased could I see more photos of when you take Zola out. Thankyou very much and also Zola did you buy Radicchio when you were in Tavistock?

Goodnight everyone

Yes it is cold for April although I can remember snow in April one year so that must have been even colder!
Dickie had another AB injection today. One more to go on Monday. Pete hasn’t seen the exotic vet since you mentioned about soaking after injection but so far so good. She still isn’t eating, not interested at all. Once she warms up following her bath & the lamp she just gets stressed trying to get out the cage & getting her head & front legs through the bars. It would do her no good at all to confine her indoors, it’s not what she’s used to & she has never eaten indoors even when at his dad’s house. So we just have to hope the weather improves very soon.
Pete hasn’t seen Sherman since the repair so I don’t know if he’s been behaving himself…probably not 😊
How lovely to also have baby robins watching “dad” collect the mealworms. Pete said the one that lands on his hand (a lot) looks quite an old robin & there’s a younger one also comes close but not as brave. They come close to me too but that one will only take food from Petes hand. He‘s hooked now so I have to keep ordering mealworm deliveries. We go through a lot as the other birds come down & take them so the poor robins only get a a few seconds to grab what they can.
Fingers crossed for more sunshine ☀️

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Yes it is cold for April although I can remember snow in April one year so that must have been even colder!
Dickie had another AB injection today. One more to go on Monday. Pete hasn’t seen the exotic vet since you mentioned about soaking after injection but so far so good. She still isn’t eating, not interested at all. Once she warms up following her bath & the lamp she just gets stressed trying to get out the cage & getting her head & front legs through the bars. It would do her no good at all to confine her indoors, it’s not what she’s used to & she has never eaten indoors even when at his dad’s house. So we just have to hope the weather improves very soon.
Pete hasn’t seen Sherman since the repair so I don’t know if he’s been behaving himself…probably not 😊
How lovely to also have baby robins watching “dad” collect the mealworms. Pete said the one that lands on his hand (a lot) looks quite an old robin & there’s a younger one also comes close but not as brave. They come close to me too but that one will only take food from Petes hand. He‘s hooked now so I have to keep ordering mealworm deliveries. We go through a lot as the other birds come down & take them so the poor robins only get a a few seconds to grab what they can.
We only give mealworms to robins and blackbirds - and the many other birds who come have to make do with the various foods we put out for them (including Lidl grated cheese, which is very popular) The robin won't come to Richard if he is wearing a hat, though he doesn't mind what else he wears--dressing-gown, any coloured top,etc. When we lived in Nottingham, there was a really lovely friendly robin we called Erroll,who would stroll into the house to see what was going on. Also there was a female blackbird who was especially friendly to me, and who used to boss me about. I loved it !
Angie

MaNaAk

Southend
Jacky today (@MoggyMad and @zolasmum):IMG20240426124802.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - Jacky looks quite contented. She has an amazingly smooth shell - I'm so glad she is ok.
Zola had a slightly mixed up day today, as I had my balance class, so he can't go out until it is over and Richard comes to collect me - I think I'm making progress, by the way ! So we took Zola to the sea, and it was extremely cold, and definitely not a day for a walk - instead, he and I had a lovely sit by the fire and a long stroke for about an hour ! I was tired from the exercise class, after a bad night, and it was so nice to hold Zola peacefully. He settled down very quickly - he knows what is happening, and arranges himself in a suitable position straight away - then he moves around sometimes over the session- not to get away, but to let me stroke from a different angle ! He tries sometimes to stroke my face with his head too, which is very sweet of him.
I wii try to find some more photos to show you of when Zola is out with us, but they are all mixed up with other photos and I have to check each as I go !
Have a good evening and a nice weekend. Love to Jacky and AngelDaisy, and to all our forum friends from
Angie and Zola xxxxxx