It's Complete!!!!! - Final Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen2030

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, Arizona
Dee. Quick question. You seem to live in a heavily wooded area so you probably made them yourself, but in case you didn't, where did you get the large hollowed out tree stumps from? I really like the idea of using them as a natural looking hide.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Frank, I am lucky enough to have a friend that is a tree guy. I told him to keep his eyes open for me for hollow logs. So, he grabbed some for me and then we cut them in half with a chain saw and used the claw of a hammer and wire brush to get away any rotten stuff. I bet if you contacted a tree service in your area you could probably get some free ones. All my torts and turts like them and I do like the natural look.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
that is truely amazing stuff. i give you mad props. i love the fencing everywhere for protection. that is always my main concern with keep tortoises outside with the animals and birds. what is your plan when your sulcatas get really big and outgrow that entire enclosure? do you have more land to work on? please send some more pics when you get a chance.

thanks again for sharing.

Lil' Tortie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Central TX
Amazing! I might need something like that in the future. I have 26 baby torts all together and trying to adopt some of them out or sell them. TOO MANY KIDS!!! By the way, if anyone need a tort or torts, please let me know, open to negotiation. Please take them home!!! :)

LT

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Well, I figure eventually I will remove the smaller pens and open the entire thing for the sulcatas. We do have more land that we can use but hope that within the next 10 years to move to an even larger acreage home. But I think I can get quite a while out of this pen. At least I hope I can! Thank you for your comments I appreciate them!

Lil' Tortie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Central TX
Just wondering, when you move out to your larger place, can I take over the abandoned area? :cool:

jlyoncc1 said:
Well, I figure eventually I will remove the smaller pens and open the entire thing for the sulcatas. We do have more land that we can use but hope that within the next 10 years to move to an even larger acreage home. But I think I can get quite a while out of this pen. At least I hope I can! Thank you for your comments I appreciate them!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
That is sooo beautiful...looks like something you would see in a good zoo.
SHEESH! I love it...

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Meg! It was a lot of work but well worth it. I can't wait until the warmer weather so they can go back out!

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Absolutely beautiful habitat, Dee! I love how you worked the barriers and the diversity of it all. Now you've got my wheels spinning to expand my own habitats(wife permitting, lol)! Looking forward to seeing future pics as your garden and plants are added. Now you need a nice little sitting area next to it so you can sit back and enjoy all of your hard work :)

Be well and thanks for sharing

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thank you Jeff and Big! Ususally Jeff, we find ourselves sitting in the enclosure on the corner brackets watching everyone. So pretty regularly you will find 7 of us spread throughout! LOL

sakkakth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
norrath
Wow, I think that's better than my apartment! I wanna live there, hehe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.