It either broke in or someone left me a gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Found this very pretty female eastern (actually Rocket found it) in the back yard this morning, There is only one place for it to get in on its own, which has happened before. I think someone put it in the yard because it has been so hot they aren't moving that much right now.I may find out later.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That is a cool lookin' turtle. Looks like she's been around the block a few times.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Neal said:
That is a cool lookin' turtle. Looks like she's been around the block a few times.
That was my first impression also, but after looking and holding her I'm not sure she is that old, the shell is not smooth like most boxies and all the marginal scutes have a point,some more than others.It doesn't show up that well in the pics though.I think it is all natural growth,(not normal). Don't see any type of damage of any kind.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Someone had to put her in the yard, I checked the gate where I thought it may have come in under and there is not enough room for anything but maybe a hatchling to get under, I don't remember fixing it,( must have been a senior moment) so I will eventually find out where it came from.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Hm. I'd almost be worried it was someones pet and left there.

I have found peoples pet turt/torts that were unwanted and left to fend for themselves before (Ones not local, obviously been in captivity, etc.)

Either way, beautiful Box. You're like me, any turtle or tortoise I encounter must give me a moment of his/her time for a few pictures.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
They can climb fences if they are perceived to be in their way. Shelly has climbed a 6 foot stockade fence before so I can't imagine a chain link fence would be any problem.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
This is true, I've seen a lot of turtles climb up walls near the local beach to get to the other side of the road (almost 90 degree angles, yet somehow they do it...)

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Too bad, I guess you're stuck with her now!

All you can do now is give her a happy life, and help her produce lots of babies.

Congratulations,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.