Is this sulcata shell is normal

BuBbleBu

I was wonder if he has some pyramid shell . Cause im going to take this little guy home with my smaller sulcata. He is about 10cm long .

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BuBbleBu

Hi guys i have been researching and reading all the hot topics on this forum . Im now raising my baby sulcata which is very healthy . Me and my wife decided that we want to get some additional so im thinking getting this guy . I see at the petshop they are all in inproper setup , but luckily he still eating and roaming around like a pig . So if i buy this guy and get back correct everything . Uwill he say bye bye to the pyramid or it will be like that forever ? Thanks alot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    835 KB · Views: 15

BuBbleBu

And sorry for my english cause im not native lol .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 5

surfergirl

It will still be that way but as the rest of his shell smooths out and he grows much bigger like they, it will not be as noticable. Sullys personalities always out shine any physical imperfections anyway. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Unless you have room for two habitats (and at a later date two very large tortoises in separate yards), I wouldn't get another sulcata. They don't do well in pairs and they probably won't get along.

Tortoises are territorial and the original tortoise will fight to chase the new tortoise out of his territory.

BuBbleBu

Thank you for your comment . I was wonder if he will end pyramid with proper care . I have enough space for each individuals . Dont worry ^^

BuBbleBu

Cause im thinking about get one 5-6cm but pop out they have 9-10cm one so i decide to get the bigger one but dont know that the pyramid will be gone ( not physicaly but inside the tortoise body)