Is this shell rot?

gadams1983

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Hi everyone,

I have 2 red ear sliders and one has a white scrape/spot on its back. I'm not entirely sure if it's she'll rot. When I look closely I don't see an open cut or anything. Nothing comes out of it. I tried treating it somewhat. I used mild soap yo scrub any bacteria then used some benadine and dry docked it for about 30min to an hour. I didn't do this consistently maybe every other day for about two weeks. It hasn't grown but it hasn't gone away. We take really good care of them. I do full water changes every 3 weeks. I have a 60 gallon take and they are about 3 inches. I use a 100 gallon filter machine. I test their water levels weekly a long with occasional vacuuming weekly for any debris. Thought?

20181211_200300.jpg 20181211_200234.jpg

gadams1983

San Diego
We have a couple of pieces in the tank. We have a cave thing and a branch thing. You think it's That?

Attachments

• 20181212_051158.jpg
    20181212_051158.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Just looks like he scratched it somewhere.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Definitely not shell rot. It is an abrasion. You can also see a line denting the keratin up to the abrasion - like the turtle wedged himself into a tight spot and had something hard pressing against the shell. Not an active wound, just a scrape in the top layer of keratin. Will disappear with the next shed.

gadams1983

San Diego
Definitely not shell rot. It is an abrasion. You can also see a line denting the keratin up to the abrasion - like the turtle wedged himself into a tight spot and had something hard pressing against the shell. Not an active wound, just a scrape in the top layer of keratin. Will disappear with the next shed.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.