Is this shell normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Forget all the other supplements! If he's not going to be outside at all...then you need calcium w/ D3. And even that you only need once-a-week. If you feed cactus (opuntia)...then that with Mazuri would eliminate the need for any supplements. I haven't used anything in over a year...but then my torts are outside whenever the sun is;) I use a Zoo Med Powersun MVB over their basking area (when indoors) and a CHE at the opposite end. It would help considerably if you soaked him in very warm water twice a day for about a half an hour.

bumblebee51

5 Year Member
I'm not an expert but I think that it is a lack of calcium, sprinkle calcium on his food and/or get a cuttlefish bone for your tortoise to nibble on :)

October

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Tan Valley, Arizona
FernandoM said:
He doesnt graze much because he's a hatchling so he likes to run in the warm sun. If he had long hair I'd imagine his hair blowing while he ran :D

Thanks Fernando, I just snorted coffee all over my homework. ;P

I notice sometimes the new growth on my Russian seems a little soft, but in reality it's not "soft" so much as thin--bulking out over time. But it sounds like some excellent changes were made and your little guy will absolutely flourish. Welcome to TFO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.