is this safe.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
hi every one hope this is in the right section. a few weeks ago i decided to remove the fake plant and add some weeds to sparkys enclosure but its grown so fast it now looks like a big tangle of leaves and stalks. i'm worried he may get tangled in it and choke or some thing horrible. he does seem to push himself threw it ok. the obvious solution is to cut it down a bit . as he like hiding and stomping threw it i don't want to remove it if i don't need to. thanks in advance.100_4712.JPG 100_4713.JPG here u can see the hole he made pushing his way in and out lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That would be vetch and clover. The vetch is ok but if it ever molds it turns toxic. The clover is fine.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You absorb quite a bit of extraneous information when you've lived as long as I have! The trouble lately is trying to remember it all.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
thanks very much, i got a big bag of seeds that are sold as a grow your own tortoise food thing. that way i knew every thing that grew in the plant pots was safe. i don't trust my plant id's enough to be confident feeding things growing wild exept the obvious ones. there is about 40 different types growing in the post so he gets a good variety. i cant name many of them tho lol i just didn't want him to get tangled in it. the way he stomps threw it i don't think he will. thanks again