Is this normal?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I love looking at pics of everyone's torts, and while I was drying/shell rubbing Lola today after her soak it occurred to me that she seems to have something that I haven't seen in any photos yet.

She had pyramiding when she was found and also two little horn-like structures at the front one on each side which are still there. I've always thought that all torts had them or maybe they were new scutes forming but they seem to lie on top of the others. So thought I would post a pic of one of them to see if you can tell me what they are, Apologies for the poor quality but think you can just about make it out

Thanks all

Photo0565.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They don't usually look like that, but there's nothing wrong with it. Purely cosmetic.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes sorry about that r/s/t it hasn't uploaded well - looks better if you reduce it I think, Looks like a little nose between two eyes!

Thanks Yvonne as long as it won't cause any probs for her I'm not worried about the cosmetic effect - compared to her missing foot its pretty trivial really. Goodness knows what she went through before she was found.