Is this light okay?

Cynthia

5 Year Member
Is this a safe light for a short indoor stay? We are having some freakishly cold weather here. My box turtles are down for the winter but have had to bring my sulcata in. Thanks for your help.ImageUploadedByTortForum1385497490.312407.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1385497447.464929.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1385497447.464929.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Use a temp gun or remote probe to test the temperature at tortoise height and adjust the height of the bulb and fixture as needed.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ditto what the other two said, plus if your using this in a clip on fixture, be sure to wire it up too, as those clips are known to fail.

Cynthia

5 Year Member
Thank y'all so much! I have a probe and temp guns but wouldn't have thought about the clamp failing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:
Ditto what the other two said, plus if your using this in a clip on fixture, be sure to wire it up too, as those clips are known to fail.

Good catch Ms. Jacqui!

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Is this light okay?

wellington said:
Yes, that just about the best, if not the best for uvb

For artificial UVB, T5 HO tubes are superior to PowerSun. It has been proven in many articles on comparing UVB bulbs, independent tests, yahoo groups UVB meter forum, members of chameleon forum that you belong to as well as couple members here, that have done physical meter readings.

To the OP, yes the PowerSun is fine for short time. Useless after 2-3 months of use.