Is this a spider plant?

Coconugget

Yikes, not sure if this is the right forum to post a thread in, but I'm planting new plants in Coconut's new enclosure, which should be completed by the next one or two weeks. I told my mom, since she is a gardener, if she knew any garden shops with spider plants, and she explained that her friend had a few. They came today. I'm really bad at identifying plants, or how to grow them. I need help identifying this:
spider_plant_by_kubiie-dba3g78.png

It looks like a spider plant, but one can never be too sure.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Yikes, not sure if this is the right forum to post a thread in, but I'm planting new plants in Coconut's new enclosure, which should be completed by the next one or two weeks. I told my mom, since she is a gardener, if she knew any garden shops with spider plants, and she explained that her friend had a few. They came today. I'm really bad at identifying plants, or how to grow them. I need help identifying this:
spider_plant_by_kubiie-dba3g78.png

It looks like a spider plant, but one can never be too sure.
It looks like what we call a Spider Plant here in the UK

See here http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/plant-database/viewplants/?plant=385#.WSNVDb3TWEc

Tips:

Don't take plants out of their pots. Sunk the pot into the substrate with approx 1-2cm /0.5-1 inches of rim showing. The plant will grow better and the lip of the pot will help deter your tort from trampling the plant.

Grow a spider plant on the windowsill and harvest the runners to get a steady supply of replacement plants for the enclosure :)

Coconugget

It looks like what we call a Spider Plant here in the UK

See here http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/plant-database/viewplants/?plant=385#.WSNVDb3TWEc

Tips:

Don't take plants out of their pots. Sunk the pot into the substrate with approx 1-2cm /0.5-1 inches of rim showing. The plant will grow better and the lip of the pot will help deter your tort from trampling the plant.

Grow a spider plant on the windowsill and harvest the runners to get a steady supply of replacement plants for the enclosure :)

Alright thank you so much!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Yes, that is a spider plant.

@ZEROPILOT your plant looks like creeping Liriope. It is commonly used throughout the Southeast as groundcover like agapanthus and society garlic is around here.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes, that is a spider plant.

@ZEROPILOT your plant looks like creeping Liriope. It is commonly used throughout the Southeast as groundcover like agapanthus and society garlic is around here.
You are correct.
I purchased mine years ago thinking that it was a spider plant...Finding out that what I had purchased was not edible (And not a spider plant)and then keeping them anyway because the tortoises never attempted to eat them.