Is this a good UVB Lamp for my Sulcata

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
Zoo Med ReptiSun® 10.0 High Output UVB Fluorescent Bulb, 15 Watts, 18-Inch is on amazon for $23.00 I am curious if this is better than a T8 lamp which I currently have. It's about 4 months old so It's about time to be replaced and I read that the T5HO Lamps are better. I can not find anything that says if this is a t8 or t5ho uvb bulb, but the description says high output. It has really good reviews everywhere saying it is great especially people who had pets that were lacking uvb and then the lamp made the pets much more active. So what are your opinions?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
BowDownBowser said:
Zoo Med ReptiSun® 10.0 High Output UVB Fluorescent Bulb, 15 Watts, 18-Inch is on amazon for $23.00 I am curious if this is better than a T8 lamp which I currently have. It's about 4 months old so It's about time to be replaced and I read that the T5HO Lamps are better. I can not find anything that says if this is a t8 or t5ho uvb bulb, but the description says high output. It has really good reviews everywhere saying it is great especially people who had pets that were lacking uvb and then the lamp made the pets much more active. So what are your opinions?

This is what I got. 36 inch one. I for get how many watts though...

IMG_0902.JPG

I bought it in July last year. hang 12 inch from the table, I measured with Solarmeter 6.2 last week. Still give me some nice reading.

IMG_2061.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
BowDownBowser said:

Find out if it's a T5 or T8. There's no such thing as an HO T8; it's a gimmick.

tortoisetime565 said:
Where did you get that nifty uvb measuring utensil?

It's a solarmeter 6.2 and pretty expensive. Around $175. Some people say the 6.5 might be better since it measures the uv index. Both are around the same price.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Oh... Well that dream has been smashed. Won't be affording one of those very soon... Lol. Thanks anyways!