Is there a WAY changing Stars DIET ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milky

5 Year Member
From the day i bought my stars
i've been feeding my star with French Beans.
is there a way i can make my Stars to eat other greens? i tried to put just Mustard green they no eat.. when i put the French beans they run for it..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't raise star torts but with other tort species if you want to introduce a new food that they neither don't like or don't want to eat. It is always best to chop up the other food items into small pieces and introduce it witht the other food, then you can slowly add more and more of the other food while reducing the amounts of the previous food. It takes a little work but it can be done.

milky

5 Year Member
thanks for the advice... yesterday i've been doing that but they are very clever creature.. they search for the beans & eat them... left out mustard green... i'll try your method 2day

milky

5 Year Member
now i've been giving them cabbages.. is it ok?
btw wat is spring mix?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Spring mix is a mix of salad greens. Do a Google Image search and see if you find this in stores near you. Cabbage is not good as a staple food. You want a large variety of leafy greens. Although you have a Star, if you are looking for a list of safe greens you can find at a grocery store, look at russiantortoise.org as they are they same greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.