Is Peewee looking healthy?

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal,Quebec
I have had Peewee for one year now,,he's almost 1 and a half years old..here he is,many pics to give a good view..does he look good? I adore him and want to make sure he's getting the best of everything!
thanks! also,,any idea exactly which type of hermann's tortoise he is? I was told a dalmatian Hermann,,is this correct? And does he look male? :)
http://

http://

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes he looks pretty good. He has a very bright shell. I can't differentiate the Hermanni subspecies in this age. Maybe I a few years. Than the shell colour will be different.. But it's a male 100%.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Looks like a male eastern to me but Easterns and Dalmations are not easily distinguishable . Regardless it looks healthy. Great job

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
Looks like a boy to me. His coloration looks very much like my Elvira that is an Eastern.1390527849798.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
Raymo2477 said:
Looks like a boy to me. His coloration looks very much like my Elvira that is an Eastern.

Oh wow,they are similar! How old is Elvira?

tortoisaur

Uk
He looks great to me beautiful shell! But if he is eastern he is huge! My Easter was about half his size at 3 years old!

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
he's big for sure! measures 6 inches in shell length (tape measure being in contact with shell directly) and 5.5 inches in width...he's only 1 and a half..I got him at 4 months old..he was born October 2013. He is big compared to other's I have seen! is that bad!??
here is a baby pic of when I got him...

P.S that pic was taken last february 19th..2013...does he look llike a 4 month old? I got him the day before this pic was taken...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If his nutritional, calcium and UV needs have been met, his size is not a bad thing. Its an indicator of good health and hydration. If he grew fast by eating dog food and chicken in a small dry enclosure with no water or UV, THEN his size might be bad.

Your tortoise looks great.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
Thank you!! nope,,he get's a variety of the BEST foods,,different every day ( spring mix salad,carrot,bean sprouts,dandelion,strawberry tops and kale),,but Kale is his staple. I powder calcium and vtamins once a week on his salad.. I also give him a bath 2/3 days a week,,and he has his uvb light .. lot's of different substrates to choose from,,timothy hay,rocks(rivrer rock) coco fibre and aspen ...he eats timothy hay as well! and burrows into his nighthouse(log house) every night...he seems very happy :) but he did grow FAST!
Do people actually feed dog food and meat to their hermann's? that's DISGUSTING!!