Is my female dehydrated?

Torkoal#1

Location (City and/or State)
Dadeville
Her eyes are sunken in more than the males. And idk if she is a female or male idk how to tell but I asked for a yearling female.16909001890867528434310665798523.jpg16909003355369113748277814003000.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
At a year old, sexing is just a guess. No matter what you were told.
The tortoise looks possibly dehydrated. But I can't tell what else is happening from such little information.
How long have you had him or her and what type of enclosure are you using?
What is that plant he/she is eating?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm guessing, because of the dryness of the shell, that yes, she may be a bit dehydrated. Her shell should have a bit of a luster to it, Sort of like the 'finish' on your nails. Her shell is flat-looking, with no luster.

The tortoise needs a warm (not hot), humid environment. You achieve this with plants and DAMP, not saturated, substrate.

Torkoal#1

Dadeville
I keep the humidity between 70 and 80%. I got 2 I hope its a male and female, and not 2 males. They are in a 900$ pvc enclosure thats 5' wide, 2' deep and I think 2' tall. The plants in their enclosure are a snake plant, in the picture, and a couple well I forgot the name but the plants are fine I've already got confirmation on them. I soak the tortoises daily, I even wet their food. The humidity does go down sometimes because I don't use moss sense they will eat it. But I got a controller setup to keep the humidity right. I will see if a heating pad under their lil pond will help them use it more even tho the male, or the first one I got, uses it all the time. The first one I got does seem to mount the new one alot and is kind of a bully but no bitting has accured

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to separate them now! You already just seen the bullying. Tortoises should never be kept in pairs!
If they are still going, 2 years ahdunde, they need to be soaked daily in warm water for 20-30 minutes.