Is Large Marge pyramiding?

Phoenix Farms

This is our 6 1/2 year old sulcata, "Large Marge" we have owned her for about a year and have not noticed any change in her shell. We provide her with outdoor time, proper temperatures and a healthy diet. I am just wanting some opinions on the look of her shell. It is in no way smooth, but I am a bit concernedlarge marge 2.JPG large marge.JPG large marge.JPG she could be beginning to pyramid. As I said this is what her shell looked like a year ago and I know pyramiding is irreversible.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
This is pyramiding. It has been going on her whole life. It is not a recent development. This happens from raising them in conditions that are too dry. There is nothing to be done about it now, and if all else is good it is only cosmetic and won't hurt them. In time it will begin to look smoother.

Phoenix Farms

This is pyramiding. It has been going on her whole life. It is not a recent development. This happens from raising them in conditions that are too dry. There is nothing to be done about it now, and if all else is good it is only cosmetic and won't hurt them. In time it will begin to look smoother.
Thank you for your input, I will start with addressing humidity levels.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thank you for your input, I will start with addressing humidity levels.

That ship sailed long ago. Your tortoise is already to the stage where the new growth has started to smooth out regardless of humidity levels. If you ever raise a baby, that is where the humidity and hydration will play a much bigger role.