Is it ok for tortise to eat cress ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Do you mean water cress, like what they sell at the grocery store? If yes, it is fine as a part of a varied diet. Not toxic or harmful in any way, but also not as good as weeds and leaves that are higher in fiber and have a better calcium to phosphorous ratio.

Mammyjuls

Yes mean water cress but thats not all i am goi g to feed the tortise i have grow quite a few diffrent thinhs and have checked them on that table thing so i know they fine for tortise to eat also got diffrent types of grass growning as well so the tortise will have a nice veried diet

Mammyjuls

Ohh well it will not hurt giving it a try and then I will find out if the tortise likes it or not

Mammyjuls

Or good so not all tortises don't like it so hopefully mine will like it as well

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Or good so not all tortises don't like it so hopefully mine will like it as well
Different species prefer different things. But to make things even more difficult, tortoises of the same species will disagree on what is good to eat.
I have a list at home of what is edible for my Redfoot clan and they actually wont touch about 40% of the listed plants.
You simply HAVE to try and see what what work for you.

Mammyjuls

Yes that's what I will do feed diffrent things and find out what it likes

Mammyjuls

Going to name it olaf of frozen as my little boy loves frozen and because the tortise will be to young to be able to tell the sex of it

Mammyjuls

I am finding it hard to think of unisex names for my tortise has anyone got any ideas

Mammyjuls

Hi dos anyone have a list of what kind os cactus tortise can eat and were in uk i can get them please

Ariza

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
tortoises of the same species will disagree on what is good to eat.
LOL Just like people. I love brussell sprouts and most people hate them. I also used to love liver back in my meat-eating days. And Ariza is supposed to like grass but she'll walk right by a grass patch and not eat. We're all unique individuals.

Mammyjuls

Yes well flash keeps having little nibbles at it but he dos not seam overly impressed with it lol