Is 2 okay??

kayleedobbins

Location (City and/or State)
Clearwater
Hi all,

I'm still getting used to having my two baby redfoots and I find the forum so helpful! I got my redfoots from a breeder at a repticon here in Tampa a few months ago, they are roughly 4 months currently. They were together when I bought them and I have kept them together since. Recently I saw some posts saying tortoises are better in trios or alone. My two seem to get along great, granted they are babies and I am aware that thing may change as they get older. Currently, I feed them in separate bowls but they share the same enclosure. Is this a good idea? Will these two be okay as a "pair" or is a trio better?

Thanks for any advice!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tortoises should never live as a pair. They should be separated ASAP. Injury or sickness is likely if you don't. Groups of three or more can sometimes work, but not pairs. Lots of info on this here on TFO.

kayleedobbins

Clearwater
Tortoises should never live as a pair. They should be separated ASAP. Injury or sickness is likely if you don't. Groups of three or more can sometimes work, but not pairs. Lots of info on this here on TFO.
Thank you for the quick reply!! I have found some great advice on here! I will definitely look into another enclosure asap!

Reactions: Tom