iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Anyone here have the iPad 2? I am thinking of upgrading from my iPod touch to the iPad 2 because I like the bigger screen and how you can watch movies with a bigger screen. Do you have any likes or dislikes about it? Pros and Cons? Thank's :)

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
I have one. I don't use it for this but so far I haven't had any dislikes. It is a little slower than an iPod but not by much. Hope tht helped

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
ckidd_1999 said:
I have one. I don't use it for this but so far I haven't had any dislikes. It is a little slower than an iPod but not by much. Hope tht helped

Hm, ok :)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i have the ipad 3 32 gig wifi + 4g. i use it when i go flying (where i am the pilot) to help navigate.

i also love all the apps, mail options, and movie watching on the go anywhere with the 4g or 3g for only $30 per month no contract

battery lasts great, screen is large and bright, and i got an otterbox cover to protect.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Do you guys think that the 16 gigabyte is not enough space? I'm not a big photo person and I wouldn't really have any music on it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have it. The only thing I use. The only thing I don't like is the junk emails. You can't just click a delete all button. You have to click on each one, then delete all. Now that photobucket has an app, I can now post pictures from the iPad. I couldn't before. Not sure if that was me or the iPad though:D I don't think you will be sorry if you get one.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
wellington said:
I have it. The only thing I use. The only thing I don't like is the junk emails. You can't just click a delete all button. You have to click on each one, then delete all. Now that photobucket has an app, I can now post pictures from the iPad. I couldn't before. Not sure if that was me or the iPad though:D I don't think you will be sorry if you get one.

Well the E-Mail thing is the same with the iPod touch.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I have one, it's great for googling references while I type on my actual computer, or for note taking in class. As a solo computer it's not as great.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I have a tablet and I think I need a keyboard. I hate the hunting and pecking for letters. I would say get it with a keyboard for sure.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
BowandWalter said:
I have one, it's great for googling references while I type on my actual computer, or for note taking in class. As a solo computer it's not as great.

Why would you say it's not good as a solo computer?

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Why would you say it's not good as a solo computer?

It doesn't have flash, so if your a gamer you will rip out your hair, it's also really terrible for typing out research papers, it gets really old really fast. If you just want it for games it's awesome, just not if you want to use it as a work computer. I even have a key board for mine, but I still prefer my MacBook for doing any school work.

BowandWalter said:
It doesn't have flash, so if your a gamer you will rip out your hair, it's also really terrible for typing out research papers, it gets really old really fast. If you just want it for games it's awesome, just not if you want to use it as a work computer. I even have a key board for mine, but I still prefer my MacBook for doing any school work.

Re read your original post, you can only watch movies you purchase from iTunes on the iPad. So if your a tad bit scurvy in your movie habits an iPad is not a good idea.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i love watching netflix movies on it. i have a stand for it too make viewing more enjoyable. its great for long car rides too (as a passenger or a screaming kid in the back)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
spikethebest said:
i love watching netflix movies on it. i have a stand for it too make viewing more enjoyable. its great for long car rides too (as a passenger or a screaming kid in the back)

Oh ok. Sounds cool :) I watch movies ALL THE TIME on my iPod so that's another reason why I want to iPad ;)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Well everyone! Say goodbye to my iPod! I'll be selling it tomorrow for a iPad!

I'll miss you Calcifer! :'( (that's my iPod name)

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
Been investigating (getting one for my sister for her Bday) and i am leaning towards a 4th generation iPad instead of the iPad 2. Better specs until they release the next generations of iPad 2. For myself I have an Android based Asus Transformer tf700 and love it too bits!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Zouave said:
Been investigating (getting one for my sister for her Bday) and i am leaning towards a 4th generation iPad instead of the iPad 2. Better specs until they release the next generations of iPad 2. For myself I have an Android based Asus Transformer tf700 and love it too bits!

Well. The only thing I can afford is a iPad 2 :p Or I would get the one with Retina Display :p

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Well. The only thing I can afford is a iPad 2 :p Or I would get the one with Retina Display :p

Well! I just realized I had the money and have decided.... I'm getting the one with Retina display!!! :D

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Well everyone! Say goodbye to my iPod! I'll be selling it tomorrow for a iPad!

I'll miss you Calcifer! :'( (that's my iPod name)

Hahahaha! I got rid of mine too after I got my iPhone 4!

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Anyone here have the iPad 2? I am thinking of upgrading from my iPod touch to the iPad 2 because I like the bigger screen and how you can watch movies with a bigger screen. Do you have any likes or dislikes about it? Pros and Cons? Thank's :)

I'm on your ignore list? :-*(

Status
Not open for further replies.