Introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I'm a mom of four children and we have one Rio Grande Slider, 2 bearded dragons, 1 dart frog & 3 labs. I do not have a tortoise yet but I am doing my research before buying or adopting one. We are in San Diego and our tortoise society has great tortoises up for adoption. One problem, I haven't announced it to my husband I want a tortoise or possibly a boxie! I do love looking at different enclosures to gather ideas. I'm really leaning towards a red foot! I would love a sulcata because we are on two acres but I think he would flip! So I'm here to lurk and learn at the same time!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Momof4:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum! :) sully's are great tort's! But they do get huge. I know if I lived in Florida still I would have more then Cooper. But since I'm in Indiana now I will just stick with 1 sully. But I think we are going to get a Russian or 2. Good luck with whatever you decide to get!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks everyone. I won't be posting much because I'm tortoise-less but enjoy learning & living vicariously through others. I'm sure I will have questions about the location to put an outdoor enclosure. I have a few options.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kathy:

I'll just be willing to bet that if your husband knew how big and brutish the sulcatas get, he'd be more than willing to have a sulcata on those two acres!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Hi Kathy. I am in Ramona. I have 2 CDTs and two box turtles. The kids will enjoy the personalities of a tortoise more than a box turtle. Have you been to Julie's house to see her rescues? I got my last boxie from her. Both my boxies are very skittish and my torts are very lovable and friendly. I plan to go to the next SDTTS meeting. I hope to get a chance to meet you :)

DM613

5 Year Member
hello,everyone ,I am damjy,it is my first post in this forum,I think it is necessary to make a short introduction,Don't you think so?I am a new member and I join in you just now,I am so glad to be here.Have a good time .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Angi said:
Hi Kathy. I am in Ramona. I have 2 CDTs and two box turtles. The kids will enjoy the personalities of a tortoise more than a box turtle. Have you been to Julie's house to see her rescues? I got my last boxie from her. Both my boxies are very skittish and my torts are very lovable and friendly. I plan to go to the next SDTTS meeting. I hope to get a chance to meet you :)

I'm not ready for meeting yet! I still need to slowly introduce the idea to my husband. Last night we ate dinner across the street from LLLReptile and I wanted to go inside so bad so I could show him a baby redfoot they have but they closed. Just to plant a bug in his ear about how I would love to get a tortoise someday and get his reaction. This could take a year. I am patient though. He isn't into pets like I am. So it takes some work. SDTTS has some beautiful adoption right now. I also know my herp vet does talks in his office about turtle care thru the SDTTS. Thanks for asking but maybe in the future.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My husband is not too excited about my shelled pets either. He was really not happy about them when I had to take my boxie to the vet and spent $279.00. Maybe if you took him to Julie's to see her Salcatas he would be a little more excited. Who is you herp vet? Are the talks he does open to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.