Introducing my leopard torts to the forum

TortieMoonshade

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa
Our smaller brown male, Scooter and our bigger more colourful female, Phoenix. Both rescued from squatter camps and living a life of luxury now ^~^

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_144716.jpg
    IMG_20240128_144716.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240128_145620.jpg
    IMG_20240128_145620.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240128_145639.jpg
    IMG_20240128_145639.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
They are lovely. As you have been advised, they should be separated...I know, easier said than done. Is it possible to make the area that doesn't have the pool bigger by moving the fence or doing something else, then separating this area into two sections with one tortoise in each separate enclosure? Expanding the tortoise area and so, reducing the pool area?

TortieMoonshade

South Africa
They are lovely. As you have been advised, they should be separated...I know, easier said than done. Is it possible to make the area that doesn't have the pool bigger by moving the fence or doing something else, then separating this area into two sections with one tortoise in each separate enclosure? Expanding the tortoise area and so, reducing the pool area?
Hmm, I never thought of that. We can't move the fence but I think we can seperate the area into two sections.

Thank you I will see if I can figure something out ^~^

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You do need to figure something out. It's not if they will bully stress each other. It's already happening.
Many of us would love to keep pairs. It's just not possible. It's easier for you to have one enclosure but it could kill them!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hmm, I never thought of that. We can't move the fence but I think we can seperate the area into two sections.

Thank you I will see if I can figure something out ^~^
Ok! Please keep us posted. I love Leopard tortoises! There are others on this forum who know a great deal more about them than I do, and I hope they will soon be along too.

TortieMoonshade

South Africa
You do need to figure something out. It's not if they will bully stress each other. It's already happening.
Many of us would love to keep pairs. It's just not possible. It's easier for you to have one enclosure but it could kill them!
I do know that now, thank you