Introducing Izzy and her mama Whitney!

Whitneyrae

Hi! My name is Whitney, I live in southeastern Idaho. I am a college student and the proud mama of a beautiful Russian tortoise named izzy. She is still a baby, any advice is welcome! ImageUploadedByTortForum1395765399.644898.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
***WELCOME TO THE FORUUM **

We have lots of info... good times with plenty of smiles ....and oh yea "quite a few other Whitney's too" ....:p

JD~:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Whitney, and welcome to the Forum!

Unless you bought your Russian tortoise from a breeder, it isn't a baby. They don't get very big, and pet stores can't sell them until they're 4" front to back...so a 4" Russian tortoise is around 10 years old, or almost full grown.

There's a pretty good care sheet here:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-80698.html

Whitneyrae

Wow I had no idea, thanks Yvonne! Thats some great information, even though she's about half my age she's still my baby :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Whitney welcome to the TFO from AZ . What's your major in ? Great looking little tort do we get apict of its enclosure ? Have a great tort day !

Whitneyrae

Hey grandpa turtle 144! I am majoring in animal nutrition and dairy pharmaceuticals, I will try and get a good picture of her little home.

HJ1983

New York City
Welcome! I see you found your way around here as I've see you on my post and thought I'd officially come say hello! I'm new here too. I've had my tortoise for a month now and this is a wonderful place full of very helpful and loving people. I feel I'm in a good place here, and now you are too.

Good luck with your studies. I'm an older college student and am working on a bachelors in Mathematics and find myself on here when I should be studying Bio or calculus. :)

See you around!
-Haydee

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Hello Whitney, welcome to the forum!

Izzy is absolutely adorable. Russians are such comical little torts.

Whitneyrae

actually Grandpa Turtle 144 through my nutritional studies I cover a large range of animals, I cracked my book open and started calculating the proper calcium/fiber/ rations for Izzy, if anybody wants nutritional advice (especially on horses, cats and dogs) let me know! My only cost is answering all my silly tortoise questions ;)
I'm very excited to get to know you all! this is an absolutely fabulous place! :)

Whitneyrae

I'm still playing with it, so I couldn't give you an exact percentage right now, I'm currently doing about 30% calcuim 60% fiber and 10% treats (fruit) I'm going to watch her urates and her behavior and do some more research and I will let you know how she likes it!