Introducing....Bosse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbbeh

5 Year Member
He may be little...but he sure acts like a Boss.

I posted over this past weekend about my "little guy to be" and now that he's had a few days to settle in I figured I'd take some pictures for you guys.

Bosse as you might see in some of his pictures, has a funky slope in the back left side of his shell which makes him slightly abnormal looking. To me he is gorgeous and was told he may or may not grow out of it. either way...he is unique to me and I think he is special. You can see how his scutes kind of bend as they change to the slope.

Without Further ado...here is some pictures of Bosse!

IMG_7020.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

And here you can see his shell deformity from above...see how it kinda makes his spine crooked.

IMG_5916.jpg

I weighed him in last night at a whopping 41 grams! I can already see some yellow starting to peek in through his scutes...so he must be growing!

For now I have him in a 30gal plastic bin with a lid. I cut a hole in the lid for a 125watt MVB lamp to heat/light his living space. He's living on that coconut husk bedding that I keep nice and moist. His temps in the warm side read out at about 103 and in the cool side around 85. Nice and humid in there with a humid hide in the warm side and a simple "dark hide" on the cool side for the timess he wants to hang out in there. I alternate calcium suppliments daily, one day with D3 and the next without. Right now I have him on spring mix and I am growing some mixed grasses/weeds from a mixed seed blend that I got from the Caroline Pet supply place.

I read a lot of guides to keeping these guys and I think I got just about everything nailed down. I soak him at least once a day for 20 minutes and mist him (and his tub) with a squirt bottle 3 times a day (once before work, once when I get home, and once before I go to bed)

Let me know/ask me about anything I may be missing! Hope you guys enjoy watching him grow up as much as I will!

Future plans include building an enclosed tortoise table that will be able to provide humidity control. Can't wait for my architect friend and I to hash out some blue prints and get building!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats, and what was the final score on the game it was playing...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Good domed shaped tortoise.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
He looks so much like mine just a little more round :) so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.