wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
ogmoses said:
That's correct I only posted the first 4 pics

Thanks for the help:)

I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any. :D I hope my suggestions will help Melly-n-shorty.

BTW how is the little one doing. Really well I hope. Just remember, she/he went through a lot before she even got to you. I had considered buying one of his torts so I talked to him and emailed him to get the scoop. He sounds like a nice reputable person. I kinda didn't like the way the torts were kept some place that he wouldn't really say where, except the country and wouldn't say how they were kept and raised until they were grown up to the 4 inches and imported. So, kinda a ruff start possibly. I think he has healthy torts, just probably take more time then maybe others to get settled in. Also, it has been said several times, that Aldabras don't really warm up much until they are age two or more. That might also depend on how much hands on they had. Groups of torts being held for importing probably don't get any one on one time with a humans.

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
That is true he must of had a rough start, but the great thing about the situation is that I was the the first one to pick out the best looking one. He was a little skittish when I would come by and try to run away. Poor guy:(. for the first 2 weeks I didn't do much but watch him from the window made sure he ate and boy does he eat! I also wanted him to get use to the yard, he did once i saw him soak him self I was much more at ease for the tort to look, find, drink and soak him self I guess i was on the tight track and had done my yard layout correct :)!

Now Darwin will tuck his head for a bit when I'm around but won't run off like he is on fire lol.
I think maybe because he was the nicest smoothest tort in the bunch maybe he got a little more attention. I also think outdoors has a major roll in this transition. I love to see him bask in the morning :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
awww he is just a baby! (i logged in on my old desktop computer to see him) i almost didn't see him in the last picture! wait till he is big enough to move all your chairs!

Status
Not open for further replies.