Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi, I'm Jeff and I live in Arizona. I have spent hours reading through the forum, and started to feel guilty, so I finally registered and thought I would introduce myself so I don't feel like I am spying on you guys anymore.

I specialize in blue-tongued skinks. I keep and breed a number of species of them. I have had 2 leopard tortoises for 6 years now. I got them at just a few weeks old. One of them is definitely male, but the other has grown extremely slowly, so I am not exactly sure. I am in the process of buying a 7" female right now so that in a few years the two of them will have the opportunity to breed. I don't have plans to intentionally breed them at this point, but I would love the opportunity to produce some babies that I could raise up with perfect "smooth" carapaces. :rolleyes:

I am excited to see how many other people on the forum are from AZ. We do have great weather for keeping many species outdoors year round.

I probably won't be posting much because I don't have enough experience with these guys to be giving advice, and most questions I have seem to have been answered in old threads over the years. I just wanted to let you all know that I am here reading, and I appreciate all the time some of you put into this forum. It is a great resource.

Leopards 009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi & welcome, glad you joined:) I would love to see more pictures of your leopards!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Jeff! I am glad you decided to join in officially, but sorry you felt guilty about just lurking. We do like nonlurkers best, because we can get to know them, but hey lurking is fine. The priority is learning about these amazing creatures. :D

As for the posting, you might be surprised at how much you do indeed know. Six years is more practical experience then most of the posters in here.:cool: Besides there are places you can post not giving care advice, but sharing other things you know, sharing your own experiences, sharing your tortoise pictures and sometimes all that is needed from a poster is knowing somebody cares.

Jeff glad your here and I hope to see many posts from you!:tort:

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum Jeff :) Erin beat me to it we would love to see more pic's of your leo's :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Welcome, just participate when you can.........Questions are great!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jeff:

Welcome to the forum!!

I'd love to see pictures of your leopard tortoise.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I am really looking forward to being part of the forum. I will definitely post pictures in the future, when I have an excuse.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Glad to have another AZ leopard owner. Let's see those leopards!

Peacebone

5 Year Member
AZ
Hey I'm from AZ too. Great place to raise and breed tortoises. Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.